Sales Administrative Assistant
Company: Sheraton National Hotel
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Location: US-VA-Arlington# of Openings: 1Category:
Sales/MarketingPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
The Sheraton Pentagon City is an upscale hotel in Arlington that
overlooks the Washington, D.C monuments and is one mile from
Arlington National Cemetery. At Sheraton Pentagon City, we go
beyond so you can too. We strive to create a fun and collaborative
culture to ensure that our associates are always at their best.
Associates enjoy hotels discounts, healthy lifestyle initiatives,
and a competitive benefits program which includes tuition
reimbursement and the Employee Assistance Program. Come see us
today to learn more!
Assist the Sales Team in the administrative functions required for
effective hotel sales and management.
- Act as Liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients in Sales
Manager's absence. Take booking inquiry information via phone and
prepare proper paperwork.
- Uses various computer word processing and other software
packages to enter data, produce contracts, correspondence, forms,
memorandum and other documents.
- Answer telephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a
clear and pleasant manner. Exercise decision making skills to
direct caller's request. Accurately record messages for staff and
distribute the written messages to the staff members in a timely
- Distribute documents to appropriate persons and locations to
ensure prompt processing of time sensitive information by hotel and
supplier staff. Transport documents weighing up to 10 pounds to
offices, mailrooms and other locations throughout the hotel
building. Retrieve documents from and place documents into proper
receptacles located up to 6 feet high, such as mailboxes, file
- Handle individual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all
arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly,
coordinating with other departments through oral and written
- Organize, file and retrieve documents in appropriate binders in
order to maintain essential records used in the department
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basic administrative knowledge such as business letters,
formats and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a
computer using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential
job functions for duration of shift with or without reasonable
- Ability to set-up and maintain filing systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Sheraton National Hotel, Washington DC , Sales Administrative Assistant, Sales , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!