Guest Service Agent
Company: Salamander Employer DC, LLC
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Attend to guest needs, including but not limited to, guest
registration, check-out and cashiering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet and warmly welcome guests upon arrival.
- Register guests into the system, verifying reservation,
address, email address, phone number and method of payment
- Promote the I-prefer Hotel Reward Program and provide
recognition and benefits to all present members.
- Apply payment to guests' accounts both at the time of
registration and at checkout.
- Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Handling Cash Transaction including foreign currency
- Answer phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond and process guest requests (including by email) in a
timely and efficient manner.
- Handling guest's complaint up to the guest's complete
- Log and update the opportunity into the HOTSOS to communicate
with the team
- Record guests preference, update into guest profile and act
- Assist guests in business needs such as printing out the
- Provide guests with information regarding hotel facilities and
- Assist guests to book (a table, a ticket, a tour etc.) in
absence of Concierge
- Escort the guests to the room and perform a room orientation in
absence of Bellman
- Reserve a room or modify a room reservation in absence of
- Provide an appreciative fond farewell and encouragement to
return to the departing guests
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
BASIC REQUIRED SKILLS
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English used
in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4
hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other
departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, photocopiers and
other office equipment as needed.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment,
communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept
constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with
Keywords: Salamander Employer DC, LLC, Washington DC , Guest Service Agent, Sales , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...