Customer Service Agent- American Airlines
Company: American Airlines
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Location: Reagan National Apt - Apt Auth (DCA-TRML)
Additional Locations: Washington, DC
Requisition ID: 64838 American Airlines is seeking Full Time
Customer Service Agent at the Reagan National Airport. The terms
and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA-IBT
Collective Bargaining Agreement.If you are a member of CWA-IBT
union workgroup, you must submit a transfer request and not apply
to this job posting. Please go to and submit a transfer
requestIntroAre you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both
at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines
family, and you ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become
the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you ll
tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills
and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel
free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on
board!Why you'll love this job The Customer Service Agent interacts
with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional
manner.What you'll do
- Promotes and sells air travel to the traveling public or
- Provides assistance with passenger check-in and cargo
- Interprets government rules and requirements for domestic and
international travel or cargo shipments.
- Meets and dispatches aircraft within established times.
- Provides assistance to distressed passengers and
- Protects company property and revenue.
- Provides for safe travel.
- Possesses the physical ability and dexterity to use motor
skills to perform various job-related tasks.
- Uses organizational skills to perform multiple tasks within a
limited time period.
- Is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
- Responds and assists during security and emergency
- Follows internal/external policies and procedures.
- May be required to drive and operate air stairs up to various
types of aircraft in order to enplane and deplane passengers.
- May be required to perform Passenger Operation Control
functions including air to ground communication as well as Tower
- Depending on airport location this position may work in various
- Due to flight operations Customer Service Agents work shifts
that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and
Click to see what it s like to be part of the Customer Service
team!All you'll need for successMinimum Qualifications- Education &
Prior Job Experience
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Applicable valid driver s license as required by local
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for
unescorted access privileges to airport security identification
display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US
Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive
background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Preferred
Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service
- Previous face to face Customer Service experience
- Working in a fast pace environment What you'll getFeel free to
take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and
your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily
flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you ll have access to your health,
dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And
that s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits,
flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of
yourself that s why our wellness programs provide you with all the
right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the
workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are
available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee
Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars,
cruises and moreFeel free to be yourself at AmericanFrom the team
members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity
are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines.
Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting
our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and
shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and
creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs
of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction
as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world
running smoothly as we care for people on life s journey? Feel free
to be yourself at American.*Travel to the interview and any
subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the
Keywords: American Airlines, Washington DC , Customer Service Agent- American Airlines, Sales , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!