Deskside Support Technician (Lead)
Company: NCI Information Systems
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Job ID 2019-4092
US-VA-Arlington - US-VA-Alexandria - US-MD-Fort Detrick
IT: Administrator / Analyst / Architect / Engineer
NCI: As the Deskside Support Technician, you will act as a model of
customer service excellence to all organizational staff members in
supporting the Joint Service Provider (JSP) user community and you
will interact daily with the customer to ensure productivity and
provide resolution to IT issues that the end-users may have with
existing desktops, laptops, software installations issues, and
other critical needs. The Deskside Support Technician is predicated
on analytical and planning experience and using sound judgment, as
well as the application of pre-established workflow procedures and
instructions to identify research and resolve technical problems.
In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to
meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective
solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt
to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Manage a team of 6-10 technicians
* Provides technical support for system users.
* Designs, analyzes, and maintains highly complex enterprise
* Troubleshoots, assesses, and analyzes infrastructure components
to resolve reported malfunctions.
* Organize training session for staff on the usage of new software/
applications and hardware
* Carryout diagnosis and repair of network-related problems
* Bring up-to-date and preserve computer inventory and surplus
* Make sure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with various
* Preserve passwords, data integrity and file system security for
the computing environment
* Vouch for and implement upgrades on systems to guarantee
* Ascertain and repair hardware and network connectivity issues
* Support for technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop
* Assist in testing and deployment of new applications and
* Maintain an excellent level of customer service, ensuring that
all customers are treated efficiently and in appropriate manner
* Maintain outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability
to communicate seamlessly with technical and non-technical
colleagues at all levels in the organization
* Resolve issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement
temporary or permanent solutions
* Accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT
service desk system and any other duties as assigned by the
* Clearance Required: US Department of Defense (DOD) issued Top
Secret Clearance w/SCI
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
* Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and
products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
Required Education and Experience:
* Required Experience: 5 or more years of professional experience
supporting PC hardware and software systems.
* Required Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent, including
consideration of vendor certification in the technology being
applied such as Microsoft MCP or Novell CNE
* Certification: CompTIA Security+ , and ITIL v3 Foundations AND
HDI Desktop Support Manager or A+ related certifications relevant
to personnel roles/responsibilities
* ITILv3 Foundation minimum certification preferred.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
* Repeatedly lift and carry weight up to 50 pounds
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting,
hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or
category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or
regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation,
benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance,
social, and recreational programs are administered without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender
identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA
Keywords: NCI Information Systems, Washington DC , Deskside Support Technician (Lead), Professions , Alexandria, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!