Principal Consultant Advisory Services
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
We are seeking ahighly experienced Consumer or Retail professional
with a clear record of achievement and progression in both a
leading consulting firm and a blue chip consumer goods focused
corporate environment. The Consultant must be intellectually
curious, demonstrate strong problem solving skills, feel
comfortable working with large amounts of quantitative data taking
a structured, and hypothesis driven approach and be able to lead
consulting teams and assignments.
A thought leader in consumer or strategy and operations processes /
practices; viewed by clients as an expert who they turn to for help
and advice on their most difficult issues. Strong change and people
leadership skills, track record of successful change execution and
an exemplary track record in providing client satisfaction.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Having the ability to interpret complex, ambiguous concepts and
distill them for the client into narratives with business
- Providing examples of their ability to successfully manage
multiple projects (and pivot project direction, as needed) with
- Managing projects to hard deadlines to completion, on time, on
budget, and to the client's objectives are critical components of
Additional responsibilities within the retail industry to
- Consulting experience in a broad range of retail sectors and
formats including department stores, specialty footwear and apparel
(retailers and brands).
- Additional focus withinonline pure plays, online gaming,
grocery, club, sporting goods, consumer electronics, jewelry, pet,
health/beauty, kiosk, health clubs, optical and restaurants (QSR,
coffee, FC and CDR).
- Experience in Business Strategy and Operations teams within
Consumer Goods and/or Retail and will be expected to demonstrate
functional expertise across a range of Consumer and Retail topics
with a deep focus on one or more topics such as:
- Business Strategy
- Route to Market Strategy
- Operational Improvement
- Digital Transformation
- Process Improvement
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in FMCG and must have executed projects in developed
(e.g. US, Europe) markets.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Even better if you have:
- A degree inBusiness, Economics, or Engineering degree.
- Certification(s): PMP, CMC, or CPA Preferred.
- Strong functional expertise in Consumer goods and/or
- Ability to explain and convey business vulnerabilities to
technical and non-technical 3rd parties.
- Eight to ten years of experience in management consulting for
enterprise size companies.
- Experience in designing slide presentations in Office/Google
- Experience working in consultative positions.
- Ability to manage and lead consulting engagements
- Experience in Retail and Manufacturing industries.
- Thought leader in consumer or retail strategy and operations
processes / practices; viewed by clients as an expert who they turn
to for help and advice on their most difficult issues.
- Strong change and people leadership skills, track record of
successful change execution and an exemplary track record in
providing client satisfaction.
- Effective presentation and communications skills to accurately
represent and convey information both in verbal and written form to
multiple levels of an organization.
- Mentor other more junior consultants on various testing
techniques, tactics, and procedures.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Washington DC , Principal Consultant Advisory Services, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!