Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Company: KIPP DC
Posted on: August 17, 2019
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW:KIPP DC is a non-profit network of
high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools in
Washington, D.C. Our sixteen schools and The Learning Center
recruit and educate over 6,000 students on six campuses in the
city's most educationally underserved communities. At KIPP DC, we
empower students to access opportunities that lead to a
choice-filled life. Highly skilled teachers and leaders, more time
in school, a rigorous college preparatory-curriculum, and a strong
culture of achievement and support help our students climb the
mountain to and through college.
POSITION OVERVIEW:KIPP DC is looking for a dynamic, committed and
flexible School Based Behavior Analyst to perform behavioral
analysis and intervention support for general education students
and students receiving specialized education services in grades
preK-3 through 12. The KIPP DC School Based Behavior Analyst will
work closely with school social workers, school based student
support teams, school leaders, and teachers across all campuses to
execute a tiered approach to behavior support at the school level.
This position is full-time and reports to the KIPP DC Social Work
- Demonstrates positive, collaborative problem-solving
orientation with students, parents and guardians, educators,
administrators, community members, and colleagues.
- Complete comprehensive functional behavioral assessments and
behavior plans for general education and special education
- Implement student behavior plans by modeling interventions,
creating data tracking systems and developing tools to collect
progress-monitoring data for school staff.
- Review and update behavior intervention plans and assessments
accordingly in a timely manner using data analysis.
- Schedule review meetings with parents and school
- Serves in a consultative role with school teams to offer
prevention and intervention strategies for students in the behavior
RTI process; and provides consultation on an on-going basis to
teachers, parents, and other school personnel to resolve students'
learning and behavioral problems.
- Train school staff in creating and executing evidence-based
behavior interventions for students, use of data collection tools,
behavior analysis techniques, and how to monitor fidelity.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings at schools to
provide guidance on IEP goals and supports and student LRE
- Coordinate with the KIPP DC Student Support Team on student
- Serve as a full-time and engaged member of the KIPP DC
- Believes deeply in the mission and values of KIPP and subscribe
to KIPP's Five Pillars
- Holds high expectations for each student.
- Exhibits positive rapport with students.
- Establishes and maintain strong communication lines with all
stakeholders: school administrators, teachers, parents, and other
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and exercise
- At least two years of experience as a Board Certified Behavior
- Master's Degree in Behavior Analysis, Applied Behavior
Analysis, Education/Special Education, Psychology or a related
- Certification as Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), in
good standing with the Behavior Analyst Certification
- Extensive skills in behavioral assessment and behavior support
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis.
- Experience and commitment to working with underserved
- Experience working in an urban public school system
- Pass a criminal background check, as required by law.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and
creative problem-solving skills.
HOW TO APPLY:Please apply online through . The position is
available and applicants are encouraged to apply early. Competitive
salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and
Keywords: KIPP DC, Washington DC , Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!