Company: Hughes Network Systems
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER
OPERATOR (NOC) at our headquarters located in Germantown, MD.
* Monitor and manage the NextGen HughesNet service
* Work in one of the most complex communications networks and as a
member of the team will be responsible for 99.99% system uptime
with zero defects.
* Respond to audible and visual alarms by taking ownership,
creating trouble-tickets, trouble-shooting the causes, and
* Provide telephone support and respond to support requests from
the consumer call centers, Enterprise customers, Enterprise help
desks, and several internal HNS support teams.
* Proactively identify issues, creating tickets to ensure that all
details are captured accurately, follow escalation procedures as
documented, use the notification system in order to effectively
communicate issues to customer service and upper management, and
trouble-shoot the events in a short time frame.
* Create procedures if they do not exist, update procedures,
creating training presentations to peers, and administer the
training session so that others can learn.
The work schedule WILL include weekends, holidays and shift
rotations (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and split shifts). The employee must be
flexible enough to change shift schedules quickly and without
* 4 or more years of customer service experience in a network
operation environment with solid skills in networking and network
* 4 or more years of experience with TCP/IP, as well as, Windows OS
and MS Office suite
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to do the following with or
without reasonable accommodation
* The work schedule WILL include weekends, holidays and shift
rotations (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and split shifts) to support the needs of
a 24/7 operation.
* AA degree or technical certifications
* Experience with Linux/Unix
* Knowledge of satellite technology and terrestrial technology
(i.e. DSL, WIFI, Cable)
* Must have strong attention to details skills to perform daily
tasks in this role to include: process requests from the task
in-box on a daily basis, implement various defined changes as
requested from various support teams and enforce the change control
* Flexible to work varying shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or a mixed) in a
high stress environment.
* Quick learner, must have initiative, and be able to work in a
* Must be able to change priorities quickly and multi-tasking is
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain
positions. EEO is the law.
Keywords: Hughes Network Systems, Washington DC , NOC Technician, Professions , Germantown, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!