Senior Storage Architect
Company: Applied Insight
Posted on: August 17, 2019
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our
customers technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government
with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to
collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the
nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers
people first. We make it our job to understand our customer s
mission and the user s reality right from the start, combining
technology and process to deliver what customers really need to
succeed from adaptation to innovation drawing on our long
experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal
* The Storage Area Network Architect evaluates, implements and
maintains Storage Area Networks (SANs) and Fibre Channnel and
storage systems across enterprise platforms to include HP and
Hitachi storage solutions and Brocade Fibre Channel.
* Perform overall guidance and architecture support for the
hardware installation, performance monitoring and client problem
resolution. Work with Linux and Windows system administrators to
configure and provision storage for servers, analyze performance
from both the server and the storage perspectives using all
available tools (including Windows and Linux performance
* Troubleshooting and potentially correcting issues pertaining to
storage connectivity, capacity or performance is also required.
Perform periodic and emergency system maintenance, minimizing
business impact to the greatest extent possible
* Performs system capacity analysis and planning to ensure storage
management system operation and resource utilization
* Provides efficient and reliable storage allocation and defines
backup, recovery, archival procedures.
* Maintains storage configurations to provide capacity planning and
performance monitoring/tuning of systems.
Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection
of storage management software and hardware products. * Responsible
for developing capacity panning strategy as it relates resources
across the enterprise to include short term operational aspects as
well as long term strategic planning.
* Create SOP guides and audit systems to ensure that industry best
practices are implemented and followed.
* Conduct research and evaluation of new and emerging
* Advise the customer regarding the purchase of hardware and
* Install, configure, and maintain SAN management software that
includes Brocade BNA, Hitachi HCS, Hitachi tuning manager, and
Hitachi replication manager.
* Experience with Hitachi VSP Storage (G Series Preferred)
* Experience with Hitachi HNAS Design and Implementation
* Experience with Brocade DCX Design and Implementation
* Experience with HP 3PAR Design and Implementation
* Experience with Pure Storage Design and Implementation
* Experience with Hitachi Tuning Manager / Data Center
* Experience with Hitachi HCP/HDI Design and Implementation
* Experience with Software Defined Storage / Data Centers
* Experience with VMware vCenter Administration
* Broad understanding of hyper-converged and composable
* Experience with storage arrays (Hitachi VSP, USP-V, and HUS
* Experience with Brocade Fibre Channel switches that include DCX
directors, 7500, and 7800 fabric extenders.
* Experience with configuring and maintaining FCIP links across
* System Administration Skills (both Red Hat Linux and Windows -
with emphasis on Linux skills)
* Enjoys a fast paced environment
* Excellent customer service skills
* Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team
* Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational
* Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making
and analytical skills
* Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate on a technical level to a
* Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Applied Insight is an Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the
policy of Applied Insight to provide equal employment opportunity
in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to
all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race,
ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other protected
status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Keywords: Applied Insight, Washington DC , Senior Storage Architect, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!