Design & Construction Project Manager
Company: The Red Door Salon & Spa
Posted on: February 15, 2019
The Red Door is looking for a highly talented and seasoned Design & Construction Project Manager/Owner's Rep to oversee and manage construction and refurbishment project planning, scheduling, resource allocation and control. Provide technical direction to contractors and ensure compliance with quality standards. The position's responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all areas of project management including: project planning, budget management, time management, quality assurance and safety management. Develop and administer reports, documentation, payments, data and communications as required in support of the above responsibilities. Position can be based in Tempe/Phoenix, AZ, New York, NY or Washington, D.C. area
Reports to the Vice President of Design & Construction
JOB SUPERVISES (Title(s)
Outsourced D&C service providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee design and construction projects from start to finish
- Provide scope, schedule and budget on all assigned projects
- Contract and manage the design and construction teams for all assigned projects
- Responsible for all communication and coordination with facility owner's to achieve successful projects
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Mange the budget, track expenses and minimize exposure and risk
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Ensure project documents are completed promptly and accurately
- Perform detailed review of project documents for compliance with project scope
- Communicate and report status of all projects to Operations management
- BS/BA or associate degree in construction, facilities, business administration, or equivalent combination of related coursework and experience
- Five years related experience in interior construction projects, ideally in a similar fast-paced specialty retail construction environment
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple concurrent projects and tasks, leading teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel extensively domestically by air, rail or car to be on-site at project locations
- Highly motivated, organized, service-oriented.
- Proven track record managing costs with strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, as well as time management, record keeping and other administrative skills
- Solid organizational, presentation and problem solving skills
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Red Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Frequently requires use of hands to handle or feel and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to visually observe objects up close and at a distance
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; or reach
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret complex data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks with constant interruptions
- Regularly requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy when interacting with those encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be demanding, dissatisfied or upset
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an office environment, spa/salon, and construction sites
- Frequent travel by air, rail or car
Keywords: The Red Door Salon & Spa, Washington DC , Design & Construction Project Manager, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!