Title Emergency Operations Center Technician: Associate Consultant
Company: Mythics, Inc
Posted on: February 15, 2018
Emergency Operations Center Technician: Associate Consultant
Posted Date 3 days ago(1/29/2018 9:27 PM)
# of Openings 1Category Consulting
Work Site - City Springfield
Department Consulting Technical Services - Engineered Systems/Core Technology
Work Site - State VA
Security Clearance Level CBPMaximum Expected Travel 30%Type Any (Full-Time, Contract, or Subcontract)Remote/Telecommute Available? No - Applicants Must be Local to Work Site
Job Overview & Responsibilities
Mythics is seeking an Emergency Operations Center (EOC) technician. The candidate will have 2 to 5 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. This role will be responsible to supervises complex Mentoring operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
Key duties include:
- Works on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
- Providing 24x7x365 support, resource will provide a central point for coordination of incidents that arise in all environments. Establish and orchestrate bridge calls with emphasis on restoring service to users as quickly as possible, facilitate and troubleshoot toward resolution of incidents, and manage incidents to completion.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans Supports major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- May supervise others.
- Monitor and support all applications and systems in production, development, and test environments at all Data Centers.
- Provide a central point for coordination of incidents that arise in all environments. Establish and orchestrate bridge calls with emphasis on restoring service to users as quickly as possible, facilitate and troubleshoot toward resolution of incidents, and manage incidents to completion.
- Coordinate, escalate, and/or resolve operational system/application/network events that have the potential of negatively impacting system and application availability to the user community.
- Create and provide metrics to judge efficiency and effectiveness of Incident Management Process. Examples: Mean Time to Repair, Mean Time Between Failures, Repeat Incidents 5. Create, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Technical User Guides, Troubleshooting Guides, and Customer Contact Database. Conduct quarterly reviews of all documents.
- Develop and maintain the Incident Management process, to include: incident identification, incident logging, incident categorization, incident prioritization, initial diagnosis, incident escalation, investigation and diagnosis, incident resolution and closure.
- Escalate incidents in accordance with established OIT escalation procedures.
- Identify and respond to potential problems or trends before failure or degradation occurs. Provide information on scenarios for monitoring, automation, and adjusted threshold levels to allow appropriate action to be taken before adverse impact occurs. Develop and/or enhance processes to detect and prevent future incidents and allowing for quicker diagnosis and resolution if further incidents occur.
- Report on previous business day's EOC call volume and SLAs to be incorporated into the OIT Morning Meeting report slides. Content may change as the Government reporting requirements change over time. Due daily by 7:30am.
- Report monthly on outstanding tickets dependent on third party action. Report to include ticket, item awaiting action, third party, duration and if known estimated resolution time.
- Supports and maintains an EOC SOP and updated Incident Response Plan. Qualifications
- US Citizenship is required to obtain a CBP Public Trust Clearance
- 0-3 years experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge to provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- The ability to establish and strengthen client relationships through strong communication and clean delivery. Company Overview
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect - Empathy - Excellence - Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
- Fitness/gym membership reimbursement and other wellness activities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Friday's (early release once a month)
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
- Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
- Our GREEN approach - tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It's a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact ********************************* to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the EEO is the Law Poster here.
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Don't see any positions that match your skillset? Not ready to apply? You can still Connect with us for future consideration! Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Mythics, Inc, Washington DC, Title Emergency Operations Center Technician: Associate Consultant, Professions, Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!