Company: Universal Service Administrative Company
Posted on: January 14, 2018
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as Program Analyst within our High Cost team. This person will serve to help with the administration and operation of carrier and regulatory data, systems and operational processes that are employed to determine specific components of High Cost Support. Reporting to the Supervisor of Program Management you will handle carrier information to ensure that monthly disbursements and quarterly projects are accurate, support the validation of monthly disbursements and quarterly projections, and resolve any stakeholder inquiries or issues.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Program Analyst will ensure regulatory compliance of the High Cost program and review of telecommunications carriers--- eligibility designations. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Supporting the validation of monthly disbursements and quarterly projections, including report preparation for management review
- Reviewing carriers--- Certification and other documents for accuracy
- Updating HCLI system with new or changed information
- Working with large volumes of data to conduct analysis and preparing reports
- Ensuring the adherence to federal regulations for payments of all High Cost components, including program rules, eligibility designations, FCC orders and carrier certifications
- Providing ground-level support for all stakeholder requests and issues
- Conducting audit research
- Supporting Program Manager(s) of the High Cost program in various projects
- Assisting the Senior Manager and the Director of the High Cost Support Mechanism in various High Cost projects, as needed
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the High Cost Program.
- You are passionate about our mission to help Americans gain access to essential communications technology
- You have excellent technical skills and are familiar with MS Office suites with advance Excel skills.
- You have 3 to 4 years of experience performing duties similar to those listed above
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience working in a professional environment as an Analyst or similar position
- You enjoy flexing the left side of your brain and can easily analyze and interpret program data in order to identify any risks, issues, solutions, and recommendations
- You can prepare and deliver information in a concise, professional written format
- You are a detail-oriented person, using tested practices to track completion and success of your deliverables
- You are an analytical thinker who can make informed decisions quickly and manage multiple work streams
- You are excellent at establishing rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- You possess a Bachelor---s degree from an accredited institution in a related field (preferably Finance)
The following skills are desired:
- You have experience from working in the telecommunications industry, performing audit response functions and/or leveraging financial systems
- You have knowledge of universal service fund mechanisms
Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Specifically, the USF programs provide funding for the expansion of telecommunications and broadband access to rural communities and health care facilities, schools and libraries across the country, and low income households. Through program administration, auditing, and outreach, USAC works with contributors, service providers, and program beneficiaries to achieve the program goals articulated by the FCC for each of these programs.
The FCC has reformed the USF to support further investment in and access to evolving broadband infrastructure, making the programs a primary vehicle to support this critical national priority. USAC, as the administrator of the USF, plays a critical role in supporting the ambitious vision to ensure that all citizens in the United States have access to high-speed broadband. The organization has approximately 500 employees with an operating budget of more than $200 million. USAC works in close partnership with the FCC and other federal and state partners to support the achievement of the USF program goals.
USAC administers the USF programs---High Cost, Lifeline, Rural Health Care, and Schools and Libraries. USAC strives to provide efficient, responsible stewardship of the programs, a key national asset in making important telecommunications and Internet services available to consumers, health care providers, schools, and libraries throughout the United States. The program divisions are supported by additional USAC personnel in Finance, General Counsel, Information Systems, Internal Audit, the Enterprise Program Management Office and Human Resources. Consistent with FCC rules, USAC does not make policy for or interpret unclear provisions of statutes or the FCC---s rules.
Universal service is paid for by contributions from telecommunications carriers, including wireline and wireless companies, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol providers, including cable companies that provide voice service, based on an assessment of their interstate and international end- user revenues. These contributions are most typically passed through to consumers through a universal service fee line item on their telephone bills.
Additional information on USF programs can be found at: http://www.usac.org/about/about/who-we- are/default.aspx
USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, including vacation and sick leave.
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resumes, click the ---Apply For This Job Online--- button
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We---ve worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.
Keywords: Universal Service Administrative Company, Washington DC, Program Analyst, Professions, Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!