Maintenance Supervisor - Washington, DC
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good
home possible for the millions of families without one. We support
community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and
invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of
government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982,
we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all
50 states - all to make home and community places of pride, power
and belonging. Join us at enterprisecommunity.org. Working at
Enterprise At Enterprise, you'll be part of a diverse, committed
team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some
of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You'll be
empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance
racial equity. And you will find a career home where you're valued
and supported in your growth journey. Enterprise offers career
opportunities in our offices across the country with anexceptional
benefits package. Job Description Summary Provides leadership,
direction and oversight for the physical condition, appearance, and
operational efficiency of the property, ensuring a safe and
attractive living environment for residents and a great place to
work for associates, exceptional quality and service, sustained
resident satisfaction and associate engagement. Job Description Job
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate theHEROESprinciples
ofHELPFUL, ENGAGED, RESPONSIVE, OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENCEandSUCCESSin
all activities and interactions.
- Ensures timely, accurate, and high quality completion of
resident service requests.
- Contributes to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by
providing excellent customer service; communicates effectively,
appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates,
management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are
addressed promptly and professionally.
- Identifies and completes or oversees completion of routine,
preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance repairs, as well
as general upkeep tasks throughout the community and on all
equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Effectively manages all maintenance associates; ensures they
are fully trained and that all job responsibilities are completed
in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees apartment turnovers. Repairs, renovates, paints, and
cleans vacant apartments.
- Ensures that all areas are kept safe, tidy and free of trash,
debris and animal waste, including the cleanliness of the dumpster
areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash
- Continuously monitors all areas of the community and grounds to
ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advises management
of any areas needing attention.
- Maintains landscaping including watering of the flowers;
performs snow removal as needed.
- Complies with all policies and procedures and external
regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of operational
and human resources policies and procedures.
- Resolves complex or advanced service issues including sensitive
communications with residents.
- Contributes to the annual budget planning process; maximizes
the appeal of the interior and exterior appearance/condition of the
property within the parameters set forth in the annual budget;
ensures all required and necessary service contracts are in place
and renewed annually such to optimize service while minimizing
expense; purchases equipment/supplies in accordance with
established budgets, and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responds timely, appropriately and courteously to
- Develops and delivers formal and informal training to
associates throughout the company as assigned.
- Participates in and attends all required in-service training
- Supports other communities as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages
the maintenance department which may include: Senior Maintenance
Technician(s), Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance
Apprentice(s), and/or Porter(s). Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable
laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. Qualifications Essential Skills,
Experience and Talents:
- Minimum three years as a maintenance technician or other
applicable experience; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in areas such as carpentry, plumbing,
electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal
Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment demonstrating
strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to
manage multiple priorities.
- Strongverbal and written communication skills with the ability
to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates,
residents and external agencies.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to
understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general
business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm
and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Requirements:
- Provide basic tool set.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
- When on-call, be ready, available, fit for work, and able to
report to the property within 30 minutes of receiving a call.
Keywords: Enterprise Community Partners, Washington DC , Maintenance Supervisor - Washington, DC, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!