Company: TREEHOUSE FOODS
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Employee Type:Full timeLocation:ON GeorgetownJob
Type:Engineering Project EngineeringJob Posting Title:Plant
EngineerAbout Us:TreeHouse Foods (NYSE: THS) is a leading
manufacturer of private label packaged foods and beverages,
operating a network of production facilities across the United
States and Canada. At TreeHouse Foods, our commitment to excellence
extends beyond our products and revolves around our people. We are
investing in talent and creating a performance-based culture where
employees can do their best work, directly impacting our mission to
make high quality, affordable food for our customers, communities
and families. We hope you will consider joining the team and being
part of our future. What You Gain:
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Enrollment in our wellness and employee assistance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and other competitive paid time off
- An inclusive working environment where you can build meaningful
work relationships with a diverse group of people
- Leaders who are invested in supporting your career growth
- Opportunities to be recognized for outstanding contributions to
your team through our employee recognition programsJob Description:
- The role of the Plant Engineer is to collaboratively develop,
assess, plan and execute the plants capital strategy.
- Lead team to collaboratively develop the 5yr strategic plan for
- Collaboratively lead cross functional resources to plan, scope,
gain approval of and implement projects per the sites master
capital plan and BU priorities
- Manage all aspects of assigned capital projects. This includes
following our Capital Initiative Management process, communication
to working team and stakeholders, and KPI reporting.
- Responsible for project KPIs including: safety, food safety,
environmental impacts, operational impacts, adherence to scope, CQV
performance, tracking against acceptance/performance criteria, on
time delivery, cash flow, and overall budget tracking.
- Partner with capital sourcing manager to develop procurement
strategies on assigned projects and execute them.
- Manage site technical drawing and document retention.
- Partner with center engineering team to deliver larger
strategic projects executed at the site.
- Develop and review business case screening scopes, schedules
and estimates on strategic ideas. Review with plant leadership to
provide a directional view of projects.
- Manage new project ideas, follow process for prioritization and
getting approved ideas into the capital plan.
- Work cross-functionally with the site leadership team, Quality,
EHS, Trans & Warehousing, Supply Planning, Center Engineering,
Technical Services, Reliability and Maintenance, Environmental,
Sustainability, R&D, Finance, the BU teams, and IT to deliver
assigned goals and projects.
- Leads execution of multiple projects totaling up to $2MM in
- Initiative Management Pillar Leader for the site.
- Generate ideas and implement prioritized solutions that will
increase employee safety, further drive our environmental agenda,
improve food safety and food quality, improve equipment
reliability, and drive top line (innovation) and bottom line (cost
- On-site Management, troubleshooting and or technical support of
priority operational opportunities.
- Ability to lead root cause failure analysis and develop an
engineered solution.Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering or related technical
- Experience in food and beverage capital project execution
- 4+ years of Project Management experience that includes
managing several capital projects in a manufacturing
- Formal project management training or certifications are a
- Plant experience in operations, maintenance, and/or engineering
- Experience with utility systems, waste water pre-treatments
systems, ingredient handling, food processing, and primary and
secondary packaging systems preferred
- Demonstrated track record of following LEAN Capital Initiative
- Continuous improvement mindset, to challenge current processes
both internally and externally with ability to bring adaptable
- Proven skills in project management, negotiation,
communication, and technical problem solving
- Proficient in providing cross-functional team leadership and
technical project management
- Comfortable communicating, presenting & influencing leadership
on key technical issues
- Proficient with CADD and Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and
- Demonstrated track record of driving substantive improvement in
key KPI s such as cost reduction, reliability, and material loss
- Proven effectiveness in working collaboratively within a matrix
organization Your TreeHouse Foods Career is Just a Click Away!Click
on the Apply button or go directly to
www.treehousefoods.com/careers to let us know you re ready to join
our team!TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1 Associated topics: cultivate,
forklift, fork lift, garden, manufacture, mow, plant, plant
management, scanner, watering
Keywords: TREEHOUSE FOODS, Washington DC , Plant Engineer, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!