Logistics Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Posted on: May 27, 2023
LMI is seeking a skilled Senior Logistics Analyst at our customer office in Springfield, Virginia. Successful LMI Senior Logistics Analyst will demonstrate competency in supply chain management, inventory accountability, and logistics operations planning and optimization while upholding the highest standard of ethical behavior.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
Responsibilities may include:
* Conduct research into logistics operations, including data and literature reviews, interviews, and site surveys.
* Conduct comprehensive inventories and gather data.
* Canvass databases and consolidate information from numerous sources into a single data base or spreadsheet and manipulate the data for analysis of courses of action.
* Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis of logistics operations, including application of analytical and simulation models.
* Synthesize project findings into actionable recommendations with demonstrable benefits in business performance
* Support and lead projects that re-design or enhance system-support via logistics policies and processes.
* Communicate with clients through written reports and oral presentations.
* Coordinate and staff recommendations with multiple agencies.
* Assist in business performance assessment and reporting.
* Undergraduate degree in engineering, finance, economics, operations research, mathematics, or a related discipline preferred.
* This position requires five (5) or more years' work experience.
* Intelligence agency knowledge/experience required.
* Strong quantitative skills, including the ability to use spreadsheet, database, and project management software.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire and apply domain-specific expertise through on-the-job training and professional development training.
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
* Self-directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks, able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
* Hands-on experience with IBM Maximo.
* Forklift and related material handling equipment experience.
* Available for occasional travel in the local Washington-Metro Area
* This position requires an active security clearance at the TS/SCI/Polygraph level. You must be a US citizen.
* Forklift operator certification.
* Master's degree or higher in related discipline.
* Working knowledge of intelligence agency logistics and associated operational support.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Washington DC , Logistics Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required, Professions , Springfield, DC
here to apply!