Cyber Threat Analyst III (Falls Church, VA)
Company: Paladin Consulting
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Cyber Threat Analyst III
to join our team working onsite at our client's office located in
Falls Church, VA.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to
contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you
are part of the family.
Job Title:Cyber Threat Analyst III
Work Location:Falls Church, VA
Duration: Long-term contract
The Cybersecurity Operations Portfolio is in need of a Cyber Threat
Analyst supporting its Threat Intelligence (TIU) program. The
resource will be supporting TIU - Daily Operations. This resource
will be working with the OPS: Threat Intelligence (TIU) team
- Implement a dynamic, advanced Risk-Based Alerting (RBA)
security framework within Splunk
- Create and test detections written in advanced Splunk
Programming Language (SPL)
- Perform analysis on hosts running on a variety of platforms and
operating systems, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft
Windows, UNIX, Linux, as well as embedded systems and
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g.,
individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and
intrusion detection system logs) to identify possible threats to
- Leverage tools including Splunk, Tanium, FireEye suite as part
of duties performing cyber incident response analysis.
- Act as an observer to Red Team penetration testing exercises
and collaborating with Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC)
- Correlate event or incident data to identify specific
vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable expeditious
- Work with a diverse team of analysts in conducting incident
triage, incident handling, and remediation. This position is
expected to last through 01/00/1900. Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor's OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or other related field.
- 5-7 years of experience with security operations and incident
- One or more of the following Certification(s): CISSP, CISA,
CISM, GIAC, RHCE.
- 5+ years experience with Splunk, MITRE ATT&CK Framework,
Endpoint Security Services
- Experience with host level scripting, eg. Powershell.
- Experience in working with one or more Cloud Platforms
- Familiarity with cybersecurity operation center functions
- Linux Administration and monitoring
- Windows Administration and monitoring
- Experience with Security framework and can interpret use cases
into actionable monitoring solutions. Strong working knowledge of:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Network and Host malware detection and prevention.
- Network and Host forensic applications.
- Web/Email gateway security technologies.
- Log aggregation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting
priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal
channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a
team dditional Provisions:
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust
- Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug
screening, criminal history check and credit check.
- Once candidate's resume is approved and interview passed, the
agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to
submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance
- If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of
employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive
- All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent
residence status (Green Card).
- Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5
- Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States
within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception
does not include military family members.)
- All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client
manager or his/her designated representative.
- Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without
previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be
reimbursed at straight time.
- The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e. collared shirt
with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women. For more
information or to view other opportunities, visit us at
Paladin is an EEOC employer.
Keywords: Paladin Consulting, Washington DC , Cyber Threat Analyst III (Falls Church, VA), Professions , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...