HVAC Mechanic - Washington, DC
Company: Compass Group, North America
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Crothall Healthcare Salary: Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One
Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and
responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry.
Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over
1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been
recognized as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work and
Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150
Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have
more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include:
Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen,
Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and
Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.Positions at this
location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or
regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are
offered a position for this location may be asked about their
vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements.
All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions
regarding vaccination status will be considered. Job SummaryThe
HVAC Maintenance Technician performs a variety of skilled
maintenance duties related to the facilities engineering and
- Updates work statuses and documents tasks completed in the CMMS
using a mobile device.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs centrifugal chiller systems,
air handlers, supply fans, VAV devices, valves and thermostats per
manufacturer specifications, The Joint Commission requirements and
facility needs. Gives special emphasis to proper operation of
pneumatic controls and devices.
- Assists in making decisions on all repairs and reports major
problems to the Manger as appropriate.
- Supports project management activity as needed.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and makes
emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds, and completes P.M. work
orders, tests, and inspections.
- Makes recommendations for modification or improvement of
preventive maintenance systems.
- Maintains shops and mechanical areas in a clean and safe
- Preforms other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- 1-5 years experience as a Maintenance Technician in an
institutional setting in an engineering or maintenance subject
- HVAC certification or license highly preferred.
- Experience working with blueprints and schematics.
- A general understanding of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Rudimentary ability to apply hand-operated construction
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop and
perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.Apply to
Crothall today!Crothall is a member of Compass Group USAClick here
to Learn More about the Compass Story
(http://www.compass-usa.com/our-story/) Compass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by
law.Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)Associates at Crothall are offered
many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) Req ID: 1126861 Crothall
Healthcare Abigail Van Eman [[req_classification]]
Keywords: Compass Group, North America, Washington DC , HVAC Mechanic - Washington, DC, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!