Ford Technician - Fairfax
Company: Ted Britt Auto Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Competitive Pay
- Ongoing professional training
- Excellent benefits package including
- Life, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
- Legal Shield
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plan with employer match
- Paid Holiday, Sick and Vacation TimeSUMMARYTo perform diagnoses
and repairs and provide an excellent customer service
experience.ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Depends on the Technician level
position applied for:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and
accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of most malfunctions and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if
requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or
service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional
work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs
cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs,
schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service
advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the
appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and
manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition
as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state,
and local regulations such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other tasks as assigned.Requirements:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or
- Experience needed depends on technician level position applied
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret graphs.REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certifications depend on technical level of position applied
for:Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Certification for Auto/Light
- Brakes Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for Auto/Light
- Engine Performance Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Engine Repair Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Heating and Air Conditioning Certification for Auto/Light
- Manual Drive Train and Axle Certification for Auto/Light
- Suspension and Steering Certification for Auto/Light Truck
- Assembly Specialist Certification for Engine Machinist
- Cylinder Block Specialist Certification for Engine
- Cylinder Head Specialist Certification for Engine
- Brakes Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Diesel Engines Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Drive Train Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for Medium/Heavy
- Gasoline Engines Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Certification for
- Preventive Maintenance Inspection Certification for
- Suspension and Steering Certification for Medium/Heavy
- Automobile Parts Specialist Certification
- Medium/Heavy Truck Parts Specialist Certification
- Advanced Series-Automobile Advanced Engine Performance
- Advanced Series-Truck Advanced Electric Diesel Engine Diagnosis
- Light Vehicles-Compressed Natural Gas Certification for
Alternate FuelsManufacturer TrainingPaint Manufacturer
TrainingValid Driver's LicensePhysical demandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Ted Britt Auto Group, Washington DC , Ford Technician - Fairfax, Professions , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!