Lead Data Scientist, Managing Consultant - Cleared
Location: Takoma Park
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Family:Data Science ConsultingTravel Required:Up to
25%Clearance Required:SecretSummary:Our consultants on the Advanced
Analytics & Intelligent Automation team help clients maximize the
value of their data and automate business processes. This high
performing team works with clients to implement the full spectrum
of data analytics and data science, from data engineering and
querying to data visualization and dashboarding, to predictive
analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence as well as
robotic process automation (RPA). Our services enable our clients
to define their information strategy, enable mission critical
insights and data-driven decision making, reduce cost and
complexity, increase trust, and improve operational effectiveness.
Our consultants focus on client services, while also supporting
business development, internal firm initiatives, and ongoing
professional development.What You Will Do:
- Provide the full spectrum of data science services to support
the mission of National Security clients.
- Belong to a collaborative team dedicated to Advanced Analytics
and Intelligent Automation.
- Provide project management, team leadership, and mentorship in
data science and analytics. - Work with cross-functional
- Support business development and internal team
- Continue career development in data science software, methods,
and consulting.What You Will Need:
- Secret or Top-Secret clearance.
- S. or B.A. in a relevant quantitative and computational
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency developing data visualizations and dashboards using
Tableau, and knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) best
practices; experience publishing, refreshing, user/group
management, and permissions in Tableau server.
- Understanding of database, data warehouse, and data lake
- Proficiency querying data using SQL.
- Strong understanding of data science methods and techniques,
and ability to advise on analytical approaches and solutions.
- Experience performing data science and predictive modeling
using Python or R.
- Experience developing and reviewing technical documentation and
- Ability to assess data and analytics capabilities of an
organization to identify areas of improvement in data
- Implement new data management practices and frameworks that
support business strategy.
- Experience as an analytics team lead, creating project plans,
juggling and successfully delivering on multiple concurrent
workstreams, identifying opportunities for analytics, designing
solutions, and mentoring others in data science and analytics.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to
explain technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Strong consulting skills: identifying and addressing client
needs, building relationships, driving initiatives forward.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and principles.What Would Be
Nice To Have:
- S. or M.A. in a relevant quantitative and computational
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Tableau certification: Desktop and Server.
- Experience utilizing Databricks for data storage, analysis,
data engineering such as data connections to a data lake.
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, ServiceNow,
- Familiarity with automation solutions including SharePoint
online, Power Automate, and UiPath.
- Experience supporting business development including
RFP/RFQ/RFI responses and white papers.
- Experience working in the National Security sector.Additional
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
- Selected Candidate must be able to work Eastern Standard
- This is an exempt level role that may require more than 40
hours of work per week.What We Offer:Guidehouse offers a
comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive
compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our
commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.Benefits
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility StipendAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse is an Equal
Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression,
age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law,
ordinance, or regulation.Guidehouse will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the
Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.If you have
visited our website for information about employment opportunities,
or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation,
please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All
information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used
only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes
through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited
resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and
Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Washington DC , Lead Data Scientist, Managing Consultant - Cleared, Professions , Takoma Park, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!