Mechanical Construction Project Manager
Company: AKP Recruiting
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Summary: Management of all aspects of assigned projects to
adhere to the project plans and specifications including all
correspondence and control costs to create to the maximum profit
possible on each project. Essential Functions: -
- Review all contract documents (plans, specifications, contract)
and have a full understanding of the scope of work and the job
- Review the job estimate with the project estimator and meet or
beat the estimated costs for every aspect of the job.
- Negotiate with all vendors and purchase all equipment and
materials for the job.
- Create budgets / Create job number for the project and forward
to the accounting department.
- Coordinate and plan manpower needs with field
- Obtain and maintain submittal data from all vendors and forward
to the customer for approval.
- Create schedule of values for progressive billing of the
- Prepare / submit progressive invoices by the date required by
- Confirm receipt of invoices with customer (Read receipt) when
sent, and follow up to ensure timely payment. Hard copies of
invoices to be mailed.
- Create and maintain change orders for any work outside of the
- Create requests for information (RFIs) & keep records as
required for project.
- Attend all meetings as required by the project.
- Keep organized and accurate records for all functions of the
- Pull all required permits for the project and schedule
- Provide all project close-out documents such as built drawings,
0 and M manuals etc.
- Track all costs through the course of the job to confirm we are
meeting or beating the estimated costs. - Additional
- Coordination of our work with all other trades on the
- Maintain high morale with all field employees.
- Assist in the training and development of assistant project
managers to learn and improve their
- Management skills. Mentor them in setting and attaining
personal goals as well as maintaining company standards and
- Coordinate material returns with job foreman and purchasing
- Utilize Company Cam to document project progress and field
issues - Job Qualifications: -
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a project manager.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable of how to read blueprints,
project specifications and how to coordinate between all of the
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Good people skills.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
Keywords: AKP Recruiting, Washington DC , Mechanical Construction Project Manager, Professions , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!