VDC Senior Associate, Virtual Construction
Company: HITT Contracting
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Virtual Construction Senior Associate / BIM AssociateHITT
Contracting Inc. seeks a full-time VC senior associate to join our
Virtual Construction team in the Falls Church, Virginia
headquarters office. This mid-level VC senior associate will lead
the implementation of BIM and Virtual Construction technology on a
project level. Additionally, the senior associate will act as the
point of contact for project teams and subcontractors involved in
VC coordination and implementation. The Virtual Construction
department is engaged in leading the adoption of new technology,
research, training, and R&D of new tools, such as 3D Printing,
and Mixed Reality.The ideal candidate is detail-oriented,
organized, high-performing, and has strong communication skills.
Key to this position is the ability to multi-task and to remain
cool while working under multiple deadlines. Desired candidates are
self-starters, highly-engaged and disciplined, able to dispatch
their duties while working in-office and remotely. The position
requires attention to detail while still maintaining department and
- Lead the 3D coordination with subcontractor modeling efforts,
execute clash detection, run coordination meetings, resolve
- Create and/or augment models as needed to insure comprehensive
coordination, including: architectural, civil, construction,
mechanical, structural, operations and maintenance.
- Update and maintain models to insure they are current to
contractual and constructability requirements.
- Communicate coordination issues and interact with clients,
architects, designers, engineers, subcontractors, and HITT project
team to foster a collaborative environment and proactively manage
model based conflicts.
- Help develop new and improved VC workflows specific to project
- Support documenting, teaching, and promoting the integration of
BIM tools and VC processes company wide.
- Assist in leveraging BIM models in quantification,
coordination, QA/QC, creation of RFIs, constructability visuals,
existing condition, and various analysis of the information
embedded within the models.
- Support marketing and project pursuits by creating VC related
graphics, animations and presentations.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Construction Management,
Building Science, Engineering, Architecture) or equivalent
- Experience - preferred 2-5 years of practical experience in
design, drafting, engineering, and/or construction;
- Proficiency in understanding construction documents, shop
drawings, and other design communication tools;
- Working knowledge of Revit, Navisworks, SketchUp, AutoCAD,
Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current BIM tools and VC
- Passion for learning and adoption of new technology;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;HITT
Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all
employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national
origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other
protected status in accordance with applicable law.Women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+
individuals are encouraged to apply.HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes
a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: HITT Contracting, Washington DC , VDC Senior Associate, Virtual Construction, Professions , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!