Material Handler - Suitland, MD (Full-Time)
Company: BlackFish Federal
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary:The Material Handler will work in a
warehouse, records storage environment sorting, retrieving and
filing records on behalf of our customer, the National Archives and
Records Administration (NARA). This is a full-time position with a
schedule of 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. The pay rate is
$15.00 with additional Health and Welfare funds to apply to the
cost of benefits. The position offers a full range of benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, sick
leave and short-and long-term disability.Required
- This position is in a large warehouse facility that requires a
lot of physical labor to include walking, standing, bending,
stooping, climbing, walking on an overhead catwalk, pushing heavy
carts and carrying heavy boxes up to 30 - 50 lbs throughout the
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 30 to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to climb ladders to reach shelving up to 15 feet
high while moving boxes up and down the ladders.
- Have the ability to pass a drug screen and a background
check.Essential Functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Locate containers or folders on shelving utilizing the location
information listed on pull list or other provided reports.
Containers/folders can be on floor or on shelving up to 15' high
requiring the use of a pulpit ladder.
- Remove containers from shelving, check for missing and/or
charged out containers, verify that the pull list is accurate, mark
pull list and report discrepancies where needed; initial and
deliver documentation to POC.
- Place containers or folders on streamliners in order, facing
the same direction and with identifying numbers visible.
- Move records to Designated Disposal Review Area.
- Palletize Containers for Disposable Records label, stack,
- Confirm space requirements, load and transport records to
assigned location, validate manifest and shelve non-disposable
records that are being relocated, verify accuracy and inform
Quality when inspection ready.
- Retrieve batched requests. Sign-out batches in appropriate
logbook, recording pertinent information relative to batch being
processed and record start time.
- Locate requested file/folder on reference request; search box,
confirm if request is for a single or a multi-volume file, pull
file(s), add pulled file marker, If file/document is not in
box/file, report that it is "Not-in-File" or report that it is
"Charged-Out." Audit folders and non-fulfilled references requests
upon batch completion. Sign in completed batches in the appropriate
logbook, recording time of completion. Clearly identify
file/folders and stage for auditing; sign-in completed batches in
the appropriate logbook, recording time of completion.
- Retrieve documents from containers, prepare documents for
scanning by removing fasteners and verify order. Verify hardware
settings, resolution, and covert paper to digital images, verify
image clarity by visual inspection, rescan problem images and
return documents to containers. Report issues to POC where
- Use handheld mobile to complete basic data entry in
spreadsheets, assist with box list creation, data verification and
record daily project totals.Work Conditions:
- Work is primarily performed in a warehouse environment.This
document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the
industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs
of the customer.BlackFish Federal is an equal opportunity employer
providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: BlackFish Federal, Washington DC , Material Handler - Suitland, MD (Full-Time), Professions , Suitland, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!