Material Handler/Team Lead (Suitland, MD)
Company: BlackFish Federal
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Description:This position will function
as the Team Lead for Material Handlers working for our customer,
the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). The person
in this position will perform activities related to the Team Lead
function, while also performing Material Hander duties as described
below. The current schedule is 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday -
Friday. The position offers a full range of benefits including
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, sick leave and
short-and long-term disability. The pay rate is $21.30 per hour
with additional Health & Welfare funds to apply to the cost of
benefitsEssential Functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Meet with the client or client point-of-contact to discuss the
logistics associated with the tasks required, as necessary.
- Monitor the work performed for accuracy, timeliness, and
efficiency and work closely with Government personnel to ensure
services are delivered on time and accurately.
- Monitor personnel to ensure they conduct themselves according
to the Standards of Conduct, personnel, and security
- Serve as liaison between personnel who are performing on the
contract and the client or client point-of-contact to resolve
problems and communicate issues that arise. Escalate any matters to
the COR and/or the Project Manager, as appropriate.
- Ensure all personnel sign in and out on a daily basis and their
times are annotated correctly and verify weekly totals.
- Remain on site during work performance, with limited
- Learn and understand work processes and procedures in order to
assist with training personnel.
- Ensure that all labor tasks described below are completed
within the production standards set for the task.
- Perform all labor tasks for Material Handler personnel
described below, as assigned:Material Handler Tasks
- Locate containers or folders on shelving utilizing the location
information listed on pull list or other provided reports.
Containers/folders can be on floor or on shelving up to 15' high
requiring the use of a pulpit ladder.
- Remove containers from shelving, check for missing and/or
charged out containers, verify that the pull list is accurate, mark
pull list and report discrepancies where needed; initial and
deliver documentation to POC.
- Place containers or folders on streamliners in order, facing
the same direction and with identifying numbers visible.
- Move records to Designated Disposal Review Area.
- Palletize Containers for Disposable Records label, stack,
- Confirm space requirements, load and transport records to
assigned location, validate manifest and shelve non-disposable
records that are being relocated, verify accuracy and inform
Quality when inspection ready.
- Retrieve batched requests. Sign-out batches in appropriate
logbook, recording pertinent information relative to batch being
processed and record start time.
- Locate requested file/folder on reference request; search box,
confirm if request is for a single or a multi-volume file, pull
file(s), add pulled file marker, If file/document is not in
box/file, report that it is "Not-in-File" or report that it is
"Charged-Out." Audit folders and non-fulfilled references requests
upon batch completion. Sign in completed batches in the appropriate
logbook, recording time of completion. Clearly identify
file/folders and stage for auditing; sign-in completed batches in
the appropriate logbook, recording time of completion.
- Retrieve documents from containers, prepare documents for
scanning by removing fasteners and verify order. Verify hardware
settings, resolution, and covert paper to digital images, verify
image clarity by visual inspection, rescan problem images and
return documents to containers. Report issues to POC where
- Use handheld mobile to complete basic data entry in
spreadsheets, assist with box list creation, data verification and
record daily project totals.
- Ability to perform in a labor-intensive environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 30 to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to climb ladders to reach shelving up to 15 feet
- Have the ability to pass a drug screen and a background
- Work is primarily performed in a warehouse environment.This
document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the
industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs
of the customer.BlackFish Federal, LLC is an equal opportunity
employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: BlackFish Federal, Washington DC , Material Handler/Team Lead (Suitland, MD), Professions , Suitland, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!