Company: Isobar Public Sector
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Isobar Public Sector is seeking a Cloud Architect who will act
as a SME for our federal client(s) providing strategic guidance in
building/verifying a cutting edge, innovative hybrid-multi cloud
architecture design in a large, complex, enterprise
The Cloud Architect will work with the client and third-party
vendors to map the current state to future state architecture and
work with client security teams to meet all regulatory, compliance,
and security requirements. This role requires hands-on experience
with multiple cloud technologies in an enterprise environment to
include Google or Oracle with proven previous experience, ability,
What You'll Do
- Act as a Cloud Enterprise SME to evaluate vendor
deliverables/solution, to identify/mitigate the technical
challenges and build cutting-edge solutions to meet the current and
future client challenges.
- Perform needs assessments, design, application testing and
integration, production cutover, change management, and capacity
- Design enterprise application architectures, including
networks, security models, data storage, data flows, high
Who You Are
- A US Citizen and hold an active security clearance (or be
eligible to obtain one)
- 8+ years of experience in information systems architecture
methodologies, architectural abstractions, and design patterns,
including, experience with IT delivery or development
- Experience administering to at least one major cloud services
provider at enterprise scale to include Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- Strong understanding of services, integrations and use cases
for at least one of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Oracle Cloud
- Architect-level certification for Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is preferred but not
- Experience with container orchestration technologies like
Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, RedHat Openshift, etc.
- Experience with on-premises to cloud migrations.
- Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS),
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Ability to explain technical concepts, devise strategies, solve
problems and describe work efforts.
- Excellent leadership, teaming, verbal and written communication
- Other relevant industry certifications preferred but not
required (e.g., Cloud Certifications - Professional Preferred,
CISSP, CISM, CISA, CBCP, ITIL, PMP or other specialized IT
- 5+ years of experience with most of the following:
- Designing enterprise cloud environments, including FedRAMP
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the
implementation of the associated controls in accordance with DoD
regulations. Experience with automated compliance monitoring /
continuous ATO tooling a plus.
- Re-architecting and launching mission critical workloads in the
- Software engineering, solutions architecture, or network
systems engineering to include modeling tools.
- Server-side programming experience with Java/Spring/Maven or
other comparable technologies
- Mastery of automation tools and techniques, including
Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Network as Code, and Compliance as
Code leveraging industry-leading automation tools (Ansible, Chef,
Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates, Powershell, shell
- Innovative/emerging technologies or processes like RPA,
Microservices, Container technology, Advanced Analytics, DevSecOps,
- Cloud Security, IAM, AD, Federation, audit/compliance, and
- Familiarity with DoD Information Assurance (IA) and Security
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and best
Who We AreIsobar Public Sector combines next-level commercial
capabilities with deep government expertise to solve complex
technical challenges and deliver unparalleled digital
transformations. We are an experienced technology services provider
that specializes in human-centric design, emerging technology,
machine learning, secure cloud solutions and application
development. We take pride in our 20-year heritage of working with
the Department of Defense.
Here are some of the benefits that accompany full-time employment
- We offer flexible time off for vacation and personal time. We
believe in treating adults like adults and allowing for open
communication between team members and their supervisors to
determine proper timing and coverage.
- In addition to 16 recognized holidays, our offices are closed
the last week in December. This adds up to 21 paid company holidays
- Multiple levels of offerings for medical and dental, including
a covered membership fee to exceptional primary care through One
- Other miscellaneous benefits like Short-Term and Long-Term
Disability at no cost, company-covered Life Insurance at double
your base salary, access to group legal services, identify theft
protection through LifeLock services, etc.
- A generously paid parental leave policy that enables 16 weeks
of leave, regardless of gender, at 100% pay.
- 401K + company matching: 50% of every dollar you contribute, up
to the first 6% you contribute; you are 33% vested after each year
of service, becoming fully vested after three years with the
At Isobar, we are a culture of many, united as one---We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender
identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace.
Keywords: Isobar Public Sector, Washington DC , Cloud Architect, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!