Company: District Doughnut
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionReporting to: Head of Bakery Operations Main
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee Bakery Operations
- Assist Head of Bakery Operations in the bakery operations to
include but not limited to production operations, ordering,
fulfillment, and supply chain & logistics.
- Ensure operations are run in strict alignment with food safety
and sanitation standards.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and consistency of all products
- Schedule staff & review time sheets.
- Monitor and take inventory.
- Monitor and assign daily/weekly tasks and checklists.
- Spearhead Core Strategy Development & Implementation
- Identify inefficiencies and assist the Head of Bakery
Operations in creating process improvements to optimize all
- Work alongside the Head of Bakery Operations to implement
overall strategy along with the corresponding strategic goals,
objectives, metrics, and balanced scorecard to optimize
- Assist the Head of Bakery Operations in the development and
implementation of internal controls for all company systems,
processes, and procedures.
- Work with the Head of Bakery Operations to develop scalable
systems, technology, and infrastructure.
- Work with the Head of Bakery Operations, applicable partners,
and the architectural design team to develop the prototype for
future retail facing manufacturing facilities.
- Assist the Head of Bakery Operations in the creating of the
District Doughnut Strategic Plan.
- Work with the Head of Bakery Operations and COO to map out and
develop a CPG product roadmap.
- Optimize Bakery Production
- Identify and improve all production inefficiencies. This
includes proposing and implementing a plan for redesigning the
existing production space layout and flow.
- Assist in the research and implementation of commercialized
production/manufacturing systems for the existing space and the
future manufacturing space.
- Spearhead change management and implementation initiatives for
all bakery operations.
- Oversee Bakery Employee Management & Culture
- Collaborate with HR and the Head of Bakery Operations to ensure
the successful hiring, onboarding, training, performance
evaluations, discipline, and terminations of bakery staff with an
emphasis on company vision.
- Responsible for Human Capital Management initiatives, to
include the assessment of current bakery staff, development of a
plan for increasing retention, and leadership of bakery
- Propose cultural improvements to include adding company
branding elements to the manufacturing space and proposing ideas
for integrating the bakery team with other areas of the
- Work with the Head of Bakery Operations to develop a
performance management system for the Kitchen. The system will
align with the overall company strategic goals and objectives.
- Oversee Bakery Supply Chain Logistics
- Assess the Doughnut Delivery Team process and provide
recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in developing the future supply chain design and
- Assist in the development and implementation of the new
- Assist the Head of Bakery Operations in the management of all
ordering of bakery inputs. Maximizing purchasing efficiencies and
optimizing supply chain costs as District Doughnut scales.
- Ad hoc data analysis for all systems currently in place as
- Perform other duties and assignments as necessary.Requirements
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- Previous manufacturing experience a plus.
- Previous experience managing a high-volume production facility
- Currently have or have the ability to obtain a Food Safety
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to format reports in a manner that effectively and
efficiently conveys information.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Extensive experience implementing training programs and
scalable processes, procedures, systems, and checklists.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and
holidays, overnight shifts, and special occasions (according to
- Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment, supplies and other bakery
objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.Professional
- Energetic with strong passion for the food & beverage
- Analytical and strategic mindset.
- Perform tasks methodically and accurately.
- A mindset of constant business improvement, optimization, and
- Ability to be vulnerable and self-reflective to recognize
personal areas for growth.
- Receptive to instruction by leadership and desire for
- Entrepreneurial spirit; embody perseverance and
- Integrity and honesty.
- Calm, creative, and thorough problem-solving approach.
- Clarity in interpersonal communication and flexibility in
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Cheerful disposition toward fellow employees, customers, and
- Energetic, disciplined focus on responsibilities.
- Takes initiative and leads by example.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and excellent time
- Must have strong communication skills - both verbal and
- Ability to work well in a busy environment.Type: Full
TimeExpected ScheduleEstimated 5 days, 40 hours per week, but
should also have on-call availability on Weekends*Should be
available for additional days and hours considering Companys
evolving needs. Expect start-up hours, workload, and availability
to assist with in-store shifts, manager training, and as needed
from Monday-Sunday during operating hours.Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical + Dental insurance coverage
- Paid Time OffDistrict Doughnut is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. At District Doughnut, we celebrate diversity and are
dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for all team
members. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
applicants regardless of age, race, color, religion, national
origin, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, pregnancy, marital status, mental or physical
disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: District Doughnut, Washington DC , Production Supervisor, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!