Analyst, Net Zero (Remote Eligible)
Company: GreenBiz Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
PositionAre you passionate about helping companies and
governments transition to a net-zero economy?We're looking for a
full-time Analyst for Net Zero to join our collaborative and
committed team. The Analyst will play a central role in the
development of the Carbon Program at VERGE, our flagship climate
tech event, and of VERGE Net Zero, a sister online event focused
exclusively on net-zero strategy. The Analyst will also assist in
the development and launch later this year of the GreenBiz Carbon
Buyers Network, a members network dedicated to maximizing the
climate impact of carbon markets. This position will report to the
Vice President, Net Zero. Overall compensation (base salary +
discretionary bonus or commission if sales) for this role will be
provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications
within the following range: $90,000 - $120,000 plus health and
wellness benefits.ResponsibilitiesIn collaboration with the VP, Net
- Identify key trends, technologies and individuals in net-zero
strategy to feature at VERGE 22, VERGE Net Zero and in meetings of
the Carbon Buyers Network.
- Develop the approximately 20 in-person sessions that will
comprise the Carbon Program at VERGE 22 and the 18 virtual sessions
that will comprise VERGE Net Zero.
- Identify, recruit and spearhead coordination with content
partners, moderators and speakers for both events and the members
- Review and evaluate speaker proposals for VERGE Net Zero.
- Develop ideas for and assist in the production of videos for
the keynotes at VERGE Net Zero.
- Draft titles and descriptions for sessions at VERGE Net
- Provide feedback on applications for the carbon component of
the VERGE Accelerate startup pitch competition at VERGE 22.
- Assist in the writing and production of the Carbon Markets
newsletter, to be launched later this year.
- Be a willing, flexible and enthusiastic team member, ready to
take on additional small tasks as needed to support the VERGE
content and operations teams.The Analyst will also have the
opportunity to moderate sessions at both events, contribute to
GreenBiz editorial, and work with sales and marketing to recruit
partner organizations and sponsors for the events.Requirements
- At least two years experience working on issues relating to the
net-zero transition in the private sector, government, a non-profit
or in the media.
- Excellent communicator with strong writing and interpersonal
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional time management,
organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance,
demonstrating initiative, accountability and ownership of assigned
- Ability to work internally with colleagues across teams,
including sales and marketing and externally with customers and
partners outside of GreenBiz.
- An ambitious, creative personality, with a positive and
- Quick thinking, learning and problem-solving capability.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel
and Google Apps (Drive, Sites, etc.).
- A proven professional or personal commitment to
- Knowledge of GreenBiz and familiarity with our website,
www.greenbiz.com.About GreenBiz GroupGreenBiz offers a culture that
is collaborative, hardworking and fun. Our office is located in the
heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the
12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. Currently
we are all working remotely from home. Please include a cover
letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our
website at www.greenbiz.com.We offer a competitive employee
benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option planEqual Employment OpportunityGreenBiz
Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women,
people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities,
members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans
to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status,
veteran status, medical condition or any protected category
prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Keywords: GreenBiz Group, Washington DC , Analyst, Net Zero (Remote Eligible), Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!