Principal Analyst, Healthcare
Company: Cb Insights
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Research technology markets and companies. Help clients make
decisions. Publish compelling research.
If you are passionate about emerging trends in the healthcare
space, including everything from payer tech and large employer
healthcare strategy, then we have the role for you.
The role you'll play:
Interested in a unique opportunity to produce the most digestible
and most actionable insight into technology markets and vendors?
Are you able to develop a viewpoint and package insights into
research that is prescriptive rather than merely descriptive?
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is a unique seat with a view into
accelerating technology change. There is no team quite like ours
anywhere, inside or outside of tech. You are working at a growing
SaaS startup, while also spending your day analyzing the tech
markets and companies driving tech disruption across industries. To
do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software
platform and its billions of data points, which you will be
immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most
curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the
highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from
backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting,
equity research, journalism, and medical research. As you grow, you
will have the opportunity to work with both startups and incumbents
in your industry, and have the ear of senior decision makers.
- Using CB Insights proprietary data set and analytic tools,
write reports on technology and investment trends in payers, health
systems, digital health, and more, for corporate strategy, venture
capital, and technology decision maker clients.
- Lead client-directed startup scouting, market research, and
technology assessment projects.
- Develop forward-looking analyses and insights for public-facing
reports on healthcare technologies
- Support PR and media requests with subject matter
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to
discuss market trends.
- Proactively identify industry trends and client needs to guide
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology
investment, venture capital, and early-stage innovation in
- 10+ years professional experience working in healthcare-related
tech research or in a relevant role within healthcare (payer,
hospital system, health-tech vendor). Other relevant experience
includes investment banking, equity research, market research,
consulting, or journalism experience with a focus on
- Writing experience within the above fields is a must - ability
to synthesize complex concepts into digestible, forward looking
- Demonstrate a contagious passion for the material: Should be a
startup / tech geek passionate about all things healthcare
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership
abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients and
prospects as an authority on trends and investment activity in the
- Some startup experience is a plus, a thick skin and high
tolerance for change required
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
What's CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit
emerging technologies. We help the world's leading companies
accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not
opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine
and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your
response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards,
Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and
creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to
the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is
close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a
diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!by Jobble
Keywords: Cb Insights, Washington DC , Principal Analyst, Healthcare, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!