Senior Naval Architect/Marine Engineer
Company: Thor Solutions Llc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a highly motivated Senior
Naval Architect or Marine Engineer to provide support to the U.S.
Coast Guard (USCG) at the USCG headquarters in Washington, DC. The
candidate will execute and manage technical support tasks for the
National Security Cutter (NSC) Program Office.
The candidates responsibilities may include (but are not limited
to) performing, supporting, or supervising the following
- Assist the technical lead with the management of the
engineering support team.
- Interface with the Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC)
Engineering Services Division and the USCG Project Resident Gulf
Coast on items of a technical nature.
- Conduct a technical review of all internally developed
- Develop technical statements of work for Obligation Execution
Team packages (MIPRs, PRs, etc.).
- Document design development activities for modifications to NSC
- Conduct studies and analyses as assigned by the technical lead
for the development of internal CG-9321 Time Compliance Technical
- Review all externally developed Engineering Change Proposals
(ECPs)/ECs/TCTOs for technical sufficiency and report discrepancies
to the technical lead prior to the Technical Advisory Group
- Support the NSC Configuration Management (CM) manager in the
planning and execution of the Technical Advisory Group.
- Conduct ship checks as required for assigned TCTOs.
- Due to the requirements of the federal contract that this
position supports, U.S. citizenship is required. Citizenship will
be confirmed via I-9/E-Verify at the start of employment.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must already possess or be able to qualify for and obtain upon
hire a SECRET security clearance, and maintain it for the duration
- An existing SECRET security clearance is highly preferred.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine
Engineering, or Naval Architecture from an ABET accredited
university or college.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or another comparable
Engineering discipline is preferred.
- At least fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience
demonstrated experience with government vessel design,
construction, and repair with primary focus on marine engineering,
machinery control systems, auxiliary systems integration and
- Experience shall include at least one (1) year of demonstrated
experience with U.S. shipbuilding acquisitions.
- Experience shall include performing detailed design and
analysis in order to evaluate planned engineering changes in
support of major shipbuilding acquisition the (DHS/USCG Level 1,
DoD ACAT I or equivalent) and repair projects.
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) license in Naval Architecture
or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including expertise
with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Familiarity with SharePoint and MS Teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Up to 10% travel is anticipated.
Typical Physical Activity
- This positions essential functions typically include (but are
not limited to): Balancing, Reaching, Climbing, Crawling, Sitting,
Typing, Standing, Hearing, Talking, Kneeling, Vision, Lifting,
- This position requires the ability to conduct ship checks,
including traversing ladders and entering confined shipboard
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for
employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to
obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be
granted to U.S. citizens.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees
are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18,
2022 regardless of the employees duty location or work arrangement
(e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as
required by law. If selected for hire, you will be required to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of
vaccination upon start of employment with THOR, or request &
receive approval for an appropriate exception.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing
Center for Veterans Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled
Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical
support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies
and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides
innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering,
project and program management, business and financial management,
technical support, integrated logistics support, training support,
fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and
studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the
nations most complex military, public sector and industry
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not
discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status
as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a
protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection
process, please contact us at
If you would like to view a copy of THORs affirmative action plan,
please emailby Jobble
Keywords: Thor Solutions Llc, Washington DC , Senior Naval Architect/Marine Engineer, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!