MEP Project Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day
through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries
around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we
strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our
communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop
your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional
growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a
sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is
helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working
here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter.
About Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions
Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions (EAS) provides a variety of
architectural and engineering consulting services including energy
management, capital project management and building commissioning
for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private
institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to
assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and
their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment
that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A
commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of
tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic
team with an impressive track record with over $7 Billion in
projects commissioned, $12 Billion in capital projects managed and
over $500 million in energy savings.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall
leadership of the construction team, administrative staff and
client relationships within an assigned geography. The position is
responsible for developing the overall vision, direction and
execution of both projects and programs. This individual will
continuously improve systems and process that elevate our service
offerings, improve communication, and exceed our key performance
metrics. Managing work assignment duties, employee development and
ensuring the requisite levels of non-resident and resident support
from our various technical support groups are all critical elements
around each client engagement. The position will have the
responsibility for monitoring the allocation of human resources
against a defined staffing plan. In addition to providing a team
leadership role, the position is expected to have outstanding
client interface and communication relationships and addressing
challenges aggressively. The position acts as a key liaison to our
clients for Aramark and is responsible to collaborate with senior
members in the development and implementation of strategic capital
planning processes. This position values diversity by working
effectively with people from different viewpoints and
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead in the delivery of various project types such as New
Construction, Additions, Renovations, emergency repair, life
safety, facility related and other construction projects as well as
overall leadership to capital program management programs. Clients
range from, but not limited to, higher education, healthcare
facilities, business, industry, sports facilities, and resorts as
- Provide the technical expertise and creative solutions
pertaining to engineering, design, and construction means, methods,
and materials in supporting both clients, consultants and
- Lead and oversee the coordination of project activities with
client departments such as Facilities Management, IT, Public
Safety, EHS, Regulatory Affairs, Development, Events, and Senior
Administration to ensure all parties are well-informed and that
work proceeds on schedule with minimal impact.
- Lead the preparation and management of project programs,
budgets, and schedules.
- Ensure effective communication strategies are in place among
internal and external participants and stakeholders.
- Supports project training, turnover, and close-out
- Monitor work compliance with applicable codes, industry
standards, best practices, Aramark standards, and contract
- Employee retention/development and staffing
- Responsible for managing both Project Specific, Program and
overall portfolio Financials meeting plan, margin and growth
targets as established
- Support opportunities through collaboration with various lines
of business and external clients
- Support our Sales staff with proposal's and proformas for new
- Lead Contract Management process with clients in conjunction
with Aramark Legal team
- Client Relationship Manager and Conflict Resolution Leader
- Support team in the full project life cycle to include
schematic planning through design, construction and closeout.
- Lead and Manage diverse group of constituents to initiate and
deliver projects of high quality, balancing budget and schedule
- Conduct feasibility analysis for project requests and prepare
comprehensive project budgets and schedules.
- Lead and support the technical activities on projects.
- Lead and Support the solicitation and review of consultant and
- Lead Professional team in the overall management of consultants
and contractors to meet project parameters as contracted.
- Lead the planning process, schedule development, and project
meetings during conceptual, design, and construction phases.
- Lead the collection and filing of information pertaining to
planning, design, pre-construction, agency approvals, construction
documentation, and closeout packages, for corporate and client
- Recommend appropriate design and construction legal documents
and contractual terms and conditions.
- Research, prepare, and present reports and presentations as
requested. Conduct Business performance reviews on a recurring
timeframe with client and Aramark leadership.
- Oversee and lead in the strategic and tactical elements of an
archival system, including electronic document organization within
a web-based PM software.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expected to have basic technical engineering (mechanical,
plumbing, electrical) knowledge and awareness of details in order
to be able to recognize when problems are developing in the various
disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and organizational
- Extensive knowledge of project financial
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with
diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Ability to assess and identify appropriate project resources
and consultant needs across a variety of project types
- Ability to establish priority needs in order to provide a high
level of service to multiple clients at multiple locations
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral,
capable of addressing large audiences including executive, board,
and cabinet members; faculty, staff and students; professional
constituents and the general public.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and
demonstrated ability to manage diverse personnel, think
strategically, and delivery tactically.
- Extensive knowledge of project financial
- Working knowledge of permitting and inspection process
- Working knowledge of health inspection review and process for
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials, identification, and
remediation means & methods
- Must be able to travel 30-50%
- Minimum of 10-15 years of demonstrated success in leading
people and projects
- Full P&L Responsibility
- Thorough understanding of the project management process
(planning, design, construction, and closeout)
- Facilities Planning and scenario development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in architecture, planning, engineering, or
Keywords: Aramark, Washington DC , MEP Project Manager, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!