Heavy Equipment Technician III (Field)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
WorldHeavy Equipment Technician III (Field)GENERAL DUTIES (not all
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains construction
and heavy equipment.
- Corrects deficiencies in components and ancillary
- Performs service, maintenance, repairs and overhauls in
accordance with manufacturers' recommendations.
- Performs extremely complex repairs on a broad range of
equipment in the shop and in the field.
- Uses diagnostic procedures and test equipment to identify and
correct equipment faults.
- Analyzes and diagnoses mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
electric, and electronic faults.
- Operates shop equipment including overhead cranes, compressors,
presses, grinders, hand tools, and tire servicing equipment.
- Lifts, moves and/or installs heavy parts and assemblies safely,
using basic tooling and PPE. May be required to perform work
outside in severe weather conditions.
- Complies with all ASC Environmental Health & Safety and Quality
Assurance requirements and goals. Provides documentation as
necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- May work days, nights or swing shifts depending on operational
needs. Assists other mechanics and members of the Field team as
- Documents all work performed including diagnosis, root cause,
labor and parts. Conducts parts and repair requirements research
and maintains records. Prepares reports as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace and ensures that safety is
the highest priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as required.REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Two years training at a technical school is highly
- Valid driver's license required.
- A minimum of seven years' experience in heavy equipment
maintenance and repair required.
- A minimum of one season experience working on vehicles in
- Must be able to pass an oral examination consisting of 10+
questions pertaining to mechanical systems, electrical and computer
systems, as well as other facets of equipment repair.
- ASE certifications, and dealership certifications a plus.
- Experience on a broad range of construction equipment,
specifically Caterpillar tractors, is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended
periods is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts,
assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities
including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment,
crawling, and working outdoors.
- Must successfully complete the physical, dental and
psychological (if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF
for deploying to Antarctica.
- Must participate in community programs, such as "house-mouse"
(chores), "daisy-picking" (cleaning-up around the station),
recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- PAE covers all program related expenses for travel to and from
Antarctica as well as housing and food while deployed.#APP21PAE is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices
provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States
military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital
status, family structure, medical condition including genetic
characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or
physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job
can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any
other protected category under federal, state, or local law.EEO is
the Law PosterEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE, Washington DC , Heavy Equipment Technician III (Field), Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!