Light-Duty Automotive Technician III
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: May 6, 2021
First Vehicle Services, a leading fleet maintenance provider in
North America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician III (Advanced skill
level)! The Fleet Technician III will perform routine and
non-routine maintenance, diagnostic, and repair work on vehicles
(buses, vans, etc.) under minimal supervision. This position
handles more complex problems and can resolve them independently.
All work is performed with a commitment to safety. May mentor or
provide informal guidance to Technician I and Technician II. Also,
may act as a Shift Foreman and may receive a shift premium. First
Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in
fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school
districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private
organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire
apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and
unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction
equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert
maintenance services to keep fleets up and running. First Vehicle
Services is proud to offer:
- Hourly wages of $24.60 - $29.60 are based on experience and
qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus
- Consistent year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Ongoing training
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! Fleet Technician III Major
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers by
performing repairs with minimal supervision on both basic and
complex maintenance such as replacement of light bulbs, fuses,
lenses, wiper blades, belts, hoses, batteries, checking fluid
levels, changing fluids and filters, and lubricating
- Perform mechanical repairs under minimal supervision including
the repair of brakes and brake inspections, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Maintain records of all maintenance work completed on vehicles
including parts and supplies used. Ensure that work orders are
completed properly and accurately. Maintain parts usage records and
order repair parts from designated suppliers.
- Diagnose and performs accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. May perform diagnostic
tests utilizing a computer and manufacturer's software to determine
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety maintenance
inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required. Fleet
Technician III Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; vocational or
technical certification in vehicle repair preferred.
- Valid driver's license required; Must be able to obtain Class B
CDL with passenger endorsement within 3 months of hire.
- State inspection license (may be required).
- ASE Certification preferred. Must participate in ASE testing
program (expected to have 6 ASEs within 6 months of hire).
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and 5 years of automotive or
diesel repair experience (preferred) or equivalent education and
- Possess adequate mechanic tool inventory to complete all
- Adhere to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle
inspections and safety standards.
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain an organized shop and clean work
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
- Be subject to a drug test. Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Washington DC , Light-Duty Automotive Technician III, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!