Logistics Financial Analyst I
Company: Serco, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Logistics Financial Analyst I in Washington, District of
Columbia - Careers at WashingtonWashington,DCUS20005 Navigate Serco
- Market Segments
- Contracts -- 2019 Serco Inc. All Rights Reserved. Privacy
Policy Disclaimer Sitemap Contact
Serco Inc. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities
in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you
need more information or special assistance for persons with
disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR
Service Desk at 866-628-6458 or 703-263-6006. You may also e-mail
us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Logistics Financial Analyst I
in Washington, District of Columbia - Careers at
WashingtonWashington,DCUS20005 Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the
personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply
for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate Login
Logistics Financial Analyst I ID 38214 Recruiting Location :
Location US-DC-Washington Category Navy Position Type Full-Time
Security Clearance Secret Telework Yes - May Consider
Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this position Position
Description If you love high profile and challenging projects
supporting the US Navy- Serco has a great opportunity for you! This
Logistics Financial Analyst I will be on a dynamic team, supporting
Team Submarine. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to
make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our
sailors. Serco supports the US Navy as a prime for their Team
Submarine contract supporting the acquisition of submarines. The
Team Submarine concept unifies once diverse submarine-related
activities into a single submarine-centric organization with the
goal of eliminating traditional stovepipe structures and processes
that created impediments and inefficiencies in the submarine
research, development, acquisition, and maintenance communities.
Team Submarine provides improved communication among the various
offices that contribute to the overall success of the United States
Submarine Force. In this role, you will:
- Provide daily support to Logistics Financial Management
- Coordinate with Logistic Branch Head and field activities to
establish funding priorities.
- Reconcile OMN spend plans according to Resource Management Plan
and weekly status reports.
- Financial tracking, Risk Management, PEO Metrics, and
- Compile and submit Task Assignment Sheets to initiate financial
- Provide biweekly metrics reports to Business Financial
- Track and reconcile In-Service funds obligation and expenditure
- Assist Financial Analysts in resolving accounting
- Respond to financial data calls.
- Provide draft input for Congressional budget exhibits.
- Reconcile Spend Plans to match the Resource Management
- Coordinate with the field activities to establish timely
receipt of reimbursable funds.
- Track direct site funds sent out on ZFD PR Addendums.
- Collect and review financial data from various sources.
- Create, maintain, and update financial databases and
spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
Maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- Provide financial models and financial statements, apply
forecasting techniques, and evaluate performance against budget
- Communicate timely and accurate program status updates to all
clients as required. Qualifications To be successful in this role,
you will have:
- An Secret clearance -- REQUIRED.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or
related field is desired, but in lieu of a degree, will consider a
candidate with two or more years' experience, with one--year of
experience supporting a Navy customer as a financial analyst.
- Knowledge of the Navy's Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and
Execution processes and policies.
- Familiarity with rules governing the different Navy
Appropriations, with specific knowledge of OMN accounts a desired
bonus. *Some travel outside the D.C. area may be required. The
Ideal candidate will have experience in: --
- Budget Automation and Process Improvement
- Cost Analysis
- Data Management and Analysis
- Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and o ther DoN
financial automated and budgeting systems to perform financial
- Expert level MS Excel with strong knowledge of Pivot
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal
skills. To perform this job successfully, you the additional
knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers
and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative
solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses
reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and
grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical
data effectively; able to read and interpret written
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and
sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free
environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the
trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds
- Strategic Thinking
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals;
understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market
and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities;
adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently;
plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives;
organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops
realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless
of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own
actions; follows through on commitments.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges
with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work;
develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and
information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues
in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on
that data. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans are encouraged to apply. Serco will provide reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities and disabled
veterans who need assistance to apply. If you are interested in
supporting and working with our military and sailors and a
passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for
immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could
change your career! Company Overview Serco Inc. (Serco) is the
Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of
the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the
Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local
governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver
vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction
of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco
Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4
billion global business that helps transform government and public
services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most
valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout
their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic
team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/
Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Options Click here to apply now Apply Share Refer a friend for this
job Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this
moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your
newsfeed Loading... New to Serco? Connect with us! Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Serco, Inc, Washington DC , Logistics Financial Analyst I, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!