Director, Global Health Supply Chain
Posted on: January 16, 2021
Your user session will timeout in 5 minutes. Please click OK to
continue with your application. Director, Global Health Supply
Chain (GHSC) Market Dynamics and Product Introduction Tracking Code
10367 Job Description PATH seeks a Director, GHSC Market Dynamics
and Product Introduction for each of the upcoming multi-year
USAID-funded Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain suite of
programs (NextGen): Procurement Service Agents (PSA) in the areas
of HIV, malaria, and family planning/reproductive health/MCHN.
These awards will provide a variety of procurement services for
portfolios of global health commodities and continually improve
procurement and delivery performance for an agile commodity supply
chain. The NextGen awards will leverage a world-class global supply
chain for the supply of HIV, malaria, and family
planning/reproductive health commodities for today's client
countries while supporting healthy market dynamics for secure
product supply for the future.The Director, GHSC Market Dynamics
and Product Introduction will lead a team that works to improve
market efficiency, choice, and product affordability by gaining a
better understanding of how these markets are evolving over time
through supply chain mapping, manufacturer engagement, global
demand surveillance, and demand forecasting. They will develop
strategies for mitigating supply chain risks and strengthening
global markets. They will also, as needed, support the introduction
of new products into various markets.PATH is a global organization
that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public
institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to
solve the world's most pressing health challenges. With expertise
in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of
other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions-including
vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to
strengthening health systems worldwide.Lack of access to health
products is often a result of market failures-that is, limited or
inconsistent product availability, products of poor or unverified
quality, or products that are inappropriately designed or
unaffordable. The term market dynamics refers to a set of skills
and approaches used to evaluate access to products and then achieve
consistent, sustainable access to affordable, quality-assured
products by catalyzing interventions that reduce long-term demand
and supply imbalances. PATH's Market Dynamics Program identifies
the root causes of market failures and develops strategies to
overcome these issues, thereby strengthening markets and improving
product access.Position is contingent upon award to
- Provide overall technical leadership for the project in the
areas of market dynamics and product introduction.
- Manage project team of comprised of product specialists, data
scientists, and modelers.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research and analysis for
relevant products procured under the PSA to understand global
supply chains, from key starting materials to finished products,
and markets for those commodities.
- Drive the building and use of a range of analytic tools,
frameworks, and modeling approaches to achieve projects'
- Lead strategic, long-term engagement with manufacturers.
- Guided by market data and demand forecasts, develop
recommendations for procurement policies to foster healthy,
sustainable global markets, while meeting the needs of country
- Lead development of information hub for data and
decision-support tools for introduction of new products.
- Collaborate effectively with consortium partners, donor, and
- Manage project deliverables, timelines, and budget.Required
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Biology, Business
Administration, Health Economics, or equivalent advanced
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public health or related
fields, including at least 7 years of direct experience in market
dynamics and product introduction at an international scale.
- Prior experience with public health supply chains in HIV,
malaria, and/or family planning/reproductive health/MCHN supplies
and services preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID procurement and beneficiary countries or
other resource-constrained countries preferred.
- Extensive and proven technical knowledge of market analytics
- Building, implementing, and analyzing market research studies
and quantitative models to inform global or developing country
decision-making, e.g., demand forecasts and impact models.
- Analysis of product development and introduction scenarios to
chart pathways for new product introduction.
- Ability to identify key trends from complex and ambiguous data
- Ability to synthesize project findings and translate into
programmatic and policy recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience driving high-level coordination and
effective partnerships with global market actors, such as WHO, the
Global Fund, UNICEF, the Global Financing Facility, etc.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment,
including managing diverse and geographically-dispersed teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in ambiguous,
fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Demonstration of PATH values in action: Respect, Integrity,
Innovation, Collaboration, Equity, and Impact.
- Available to travel within the country as needed; availability
to travel internationally up to 25 percent.Must have legal
authorization to work in the United States. PATH is dedicated to
diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.PATH is an equal
opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered
for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, age, national origin, marital status, disability
status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law.-- Job Location Washington, DC, United States Company
Location United States, Washington, DC Position Type
Keywords: PATH, Washington DC , Director, Global Health Supply Chain, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!