Service Maintenance Technician II
Company: The Community Builders Inc
Posted on: May 23, 2020
Service Maintenance Technician II
The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB)
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods
across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of
America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our
mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of
all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Service Maintenance Manager, the Service
Technician II is responsible for promptly responding to all work
orders, turnovers and property maintenance needs, and performing
repairs at the certified technician level (HVAC, plumbing,
electrical, carpentry, etc.) Level II Service Technicians should
have a high degree of building trades knowledge, as demonstrated by
certification at a technical school, and at least 2 years of
experience in a facilities technician role. The Service Technician
II is vital to the successful maintenance of the property, through
attention to service that affects the overall cleanliness,
appearance and quality of the property and its presentation to its
residents and to the community. The successful candidate must have
an excellent customer service focus, and be able to work in a
positive, productive relationship with the other team members, and
be technically skilled to work independently.
- Prepares and performs all necessary repairs to vacant
apartments for new residents.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of electrical,
plumbing, carpentry and HVAC, and repairs/replaces appliances as
needed. This includes but is not limited to: windows, doors, all
fixtures, painting, grout and tile work, keys and locks and grounds
maintenance including snow removal from walkways, parking lots and
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and complies with OSHA
- Responds to all service requests and on-call emergencies in a
timely and professional manner, as directed by the Community
Manager or Service Manager
- Assists in maintaining the exterior of the property daily to
provide clean and appealing curb appeal at all times.
- Inspect the property to insure that all is in order and Service
Manager is aware of any maintenance or safety issues
- Timely completion of work order requests and in accordance with
company policies and procedures. .
- Provide preventive maintenance for all buildings' systems,
equipment and components.
- Prepare vacant units to be market ready within company
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Report to immediate supervisor any problems and/or issues
relating to safety or management of the property.
- Available for weekend work, on-call rotation and emergency
service call duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills, including industry software a
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and
problem solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to
manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English,
bilingual skills a plus!
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of
the time. Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the
lights and ceiling fans
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 100 pounds across
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some trade school
desired or 5 years of progressive responsibility in property
management, hospitality or retail experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of advanced hands-on repair experience at
Technician II level in one or more building trades
- Industry-Trade certifications/Degrees (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA, HVAC,
The Community Builders, Inc., is committed to ensuring diversity in
its workplace, and applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: The Community Builders Inc, Washington DC , Service Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!