Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
I: Job Summary The Associate Metrology Specialist applies knowledge
of measurement science, mathematics, physics and electronics to
calibrate instrumentation associated with plant and process
equipment, ensuring accuracy of pressure, temperature, time,
dimensional and other measurements. The metrologist will adapt
equipment, standards and procedures to accomplish unique
measurements. They will use electronic and hard copy systems to
maintain detailed records of calibrations and conduct
- Displays Emergent Core Values of Respect, Commitment,
Empowerment, Communication and Innovation continually. Team
- Coordinates and schedules calibration activities using the SAP
Enterprise System. (database)
- Maintains detailed records of calibration activities.
- Performs calibration of instrumentation necessary for
maintaining production equipment, laboratory equipment and other
auxiliary measurement systems.
- With assistance, directs calibration activities of outside
- With assistance, coordinates shipping of instruments for
- With assistance and in communication with the purchasing and
accounting groups, uses the SAP system to create purchase orders
and to track invoices to ensure timely payment of vendors.
- Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as
- Assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable
logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring
- Establishes procedures and maintains existing procedures with
- Problem Solving Mindset.
- Adapts to the needs of customers and understands production
- Familiar with GMP/GXP/GLP and the importance of data
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list
of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelors degree in Engineering / related discipline or High
School diploma with 2-4 years experience/Prior Military or Trades
- Experience in industrial/pharmaceutical
metrology/instrumentation & controls setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems/electronics and
instrumentation systems required
- Detailed knowledge of calibration procedures and basic
knowledge of programmable logic controllers is preferred
- SAP experience strongly preferred/Blue
- Must possess the ability to schedule many varied tasks and
track them to completion.
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good
eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach
outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel,
sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 40-60
lbs, and pull 75-100 lbs. Use phone, fax, copier, and computer. Use
hand tools. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate
precise measurements, problem solve, make decisions, plan,
communicate, build relationships, innovate, observe safety and
security procedures, prepare written communications, and prepare
transaction documents. Work outdoors, around noise above
conversation level, in hot/cold temperatures, in high humidity,
where ventilation is needed, in multiple locations, and with
restricted access to cleanrooms.
**Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia
virus after health prescreen.**
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions, Washington DC , FACILITIES TECHNICIAN, Professions , Rockville, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!