IT Support Specialist
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Location: Fort Belvoir
Posted on: November 11, 2019
LMI is seeking a skilled Information Technology (IT) Support
Specialist to perform on a Department of Defense (DoD) contract On
site at Fort Belvoir, VA. Under the guidance of the assigned
government lead, the successful candidate will manage and support
government and contractor users workstations, mobile devices (e.g.,
iPhones), video conferencing scheduling and troubleshooting and
access credentials. Additionally, this position will manage the
physical facilities such as conference room usage, assignment of
unclassified and secure work spaces, as well as organizing the
electronic documents stored within the organization s SharePoint
environment. The successful candidate plays an integral part in
ensuring personnel readiness and effectiveness for mission
completion. A broad skill-set is needed to succeed in this role.
This is a hands-on position and the candidate is expected to
provide support during all phases of the mission.
LMI is a private government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively
to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit
company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all
revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather
than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of
political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the
goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status
and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland
security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We
believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented,
hardworking people who share that conviction.
* Responsible for the creation and management of end-user network
* Responsible for the preparation and issuance of end-user
equipment and end-user mobile devices.
* Responsible for managing and maintaining video teleconference
* Responsible for assisting with the management and usage of
* Responsible for developing, configuring and maintaining
electronic document in a SharePoint library to include enterprise
lists, site collection information, and IT system user groups.
* Responsible for training end-users on the usage of workstations,
mobile devices, and other IT systems.
* Responsible for providing technical recommendations for managing
end-user accounts, workstations, workspaces and other IT
* Responsible for resolving help desk tickets.
* Responsible for conducting informal fire and safety inspections
of the program s workspaces.
* Responsible for supporting the Designated Building Official and
Fire Marshall during official facility inspections.
* Responsible for formulating recommendations and implementing
corrective actions to address deficiencies identified by the
Designated Building Official or the Fire Marshal.
* Responsible for procuring and managing office supplies and other
* Responsible for submitting and tracking work requests for
building management and maintenance, to include lighting, heating,
and cooling equipment.
* Responsible for maintaining conference room calendars and
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering,
Information Technology or related technical field.
* 3+ years of experience with DoD (preferably U.S. Army) IT office
networks, user accounts, user permissions, end-user workstations,
and end-user mobile devices.
* 5+ years of experience, without a bachelor s degree, with DoD
(preferably U.S. Army) IT office networks, user accounts, user
permissions, end-user workstations, and end-user mobile
* Ability to prioritize work and complete assignments with very
* Experience using SharePoint 2010 and 2013.
* Demonstrated experience configuring and troubleshooting video
teleconference functionality and equipment such as Polycom and
* Familiarity with Remedy IT service management tool a plus.
* Experience configuring and troubleshooting iPhones a plus.
* Must have and maintain Security+ and Computing Environment (CE)
certification in an appropriate field or, alternatively, be DoD
8570.1-M certified minimally to IAT Level II.
* Must possess or be able to attain a DoD Secret Government
clearance, for which you must be a US Citizen.
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of
providing applicants and employees with equal employment
opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law.
We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled
veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Washington DC , IT Support Specialist, Other , Fort Belvoir, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!