Senior Living Advisor
Company: A Place For Mom
Posted on: October 21, 2019
Senior Living Advisors (SLAs) are inside sales representatives
responsible for educating families on senior care options and
referring them to customer communities that match their needs. The
Senior Living Advisor refers pre-screened internet leads and
follows up with the family throughout the search process. Senior
Living Advisors are also responsible for coordinating with
customers to ensure timely follow-up to referred families. Our SLAs
act as the liaison between families in need and the senior housing
communities or care providers. SLAs are required to be
knowledgeable about senior living options in their area, and to
develop excellent relationships with these customers; regular
visits to tour properties are required in order to make
high-quality referrals/matches between families and customers. SLAs
primary focus is referring and moving families into appropriate
customer communities by understanding a family's unique needs and
demonstrating an intimate knowledge of customers within the market.
The success of an SLA is measured by reaching daily call
benchmarks, scheduling tours at customer communities, and
converting leads into customer move-ins resulting in achievement of
their monthly sales quota. Success is also measured by adherence to
and full adoption of APFM values in all areas of the job. The APFM
- Focus on excellence
- Act with integrity and assume positive intent
- Drive outcomes every day with passion and a sense of
- Make the lives of our families and customers better, easier,
and more successful
- Realize the full potential in each team member; work as a
single supportive team
- Incorporate APFM Values into each customer and co-worker
- Build relationships and educate families over the phone on
referral process. Ensure families understand the value of A Place
for Mom throughout their senior living search.
- Understand family needs and refer appropriate customer
- Manage the sales process. Guide families through their search
process with strong post-referral follow up with families and
- Understand customer community offerings, resident requirements,
and sales process.
- Manage lead pipeline on a daily basis and accurately record in
the Company's CRM to ensure up-to-date family information and
status, as well as maintain accurate forecasts.
- Structured, pre-scheduled training attendance is
- Communicate daily via phone and email to families and
- Conduct customer knowledge visits to develop and maintain
relationships with customers in the community.
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years' experience with documented history of success
positioning and selling solutions to businesses or consumers in a
quota or metrics driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess family situations and quickly
develop solution based upon family needs.
- Documented history of ability to develop and maintain good
working relationships in a multi-stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to deliver results while working in a
- Past history of senior care industry preferred, or you must be
willing to learn about senior care.
- Ability to multi-task; simultaneously talk on the phone and
take notes on the computer.
- Strong computer and typing skills necessary, including Word and
- Must have reliable transportation to visit customer
communities.Education Requirements Bachelor's degree preferred.
Home Office and Profile Requirements
- SLAs are required to have a designated home office space,
allowing for privacy during working hours, as well as a high speed
- It is expected that SLAs manage a daily schedule that is free
from distractions and interruptions. Taking care of children or
audible pets is not permissible during work hours.
- You will be provided with a laptop fully loaded with Microsoft
Office, Outlook, Five 9 VOIP phone system, access to our CRM system
and VPN so that you may connect to our intranet.
- The Company's internet-based model requires that SLAs feature
their likeness in a standard format on the Company's websites, in
communications with families and on LinkedIn to underscore
confidence and trust in the real and local SLAs we employ.
CompensationThe position is a salaried, non-exempt position. The
position earns a base salary with uncapped bonus potential. Working
hours are scheduled at 40 hours per week that include some nights
and weekends; overtime is paid for time worked over 40 hours per
week (or as applicable by state law), which should be approved in
advance by the manager. You will work with your Regional Manager to
establish a full-time, 40 hour work schedule. There are a number of
shifts available, including:
- Normal business hours on 5 consecutive days (Mon - Fri, Wed -
Sun, Sat - Wed, etc.)
- 1 - 9pm on 5 consecutive days
- 4 10-hour shifts A Place for Mom is an equal opportunity
employer committed to hiring and valuing a diverse work team. This
policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all applicants
and employees, and to all aspects of employment, including
recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotions, and
treatment on the job, benefits, termination, and all other terms
and conditions of employment. Candidates must be authorized to work
in the United States to be eligible for consideration, visa
sponsorship not available.
Keywords: A Place For Mom, Washington DC , Senior Living Advisor, Other , Leesburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!