Data Steward - Enterprise Risk Analytics
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
Joining the Enterprise Risk Analytics team, the Data Steward will
establish, maintain, and communicate standards for recording,
searching, and reporting data kept in Enterprise Risk Management?s
databases and dashboards. Confer as needed with? business and
technical staff to plan data lineage projects, or to establish
large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises. Guide or
provide technical assistance to database administration projects or
operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more
efficient use of data resources. Research, assess, and report use
of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as needs
change and corporate platforms develop.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) management and
lead staff of client units that are large users of risk data to
determine the kinds of analyses they perform, reports they produce,
or mining/warehousing functionality they will need.
- Acquire from ERM unit staff and from clients concerns about
data quality, form in which it is available, linkages to other
datasets and applications, and develop internal standards and
procedures to address these concerns.
- Review processes within unit that affect formatting, entry,
quality control and standardized uses of data, reporting and
validation to identify inefficiencies, needs for training, or ways
in which corporate or departmental standards need to be better
- Conduct consultations or training in business units regarding
standardized or best practice ways of capturing, formatting and
structuring data that will go into risk reports.
- Confer on data management projects regarding data meaning,
understanding and usage, standardized data tables to be used,
standard data management tools to be used, and quality standards to
- Confer with Enterprise Data Stewardship community and ERM leads
to identify key risk data elements, document risk data lineage and
implement quality controls in a manner that represents corporate
standards and best practice.
- Survey market and professional affiliations for current best
practice in data management and convey to colleagues and
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS?
- Demonstrated experience with data governance functions and best
practices, as well as metadata repository and data lineage
- An understanding of data management, data exchange and data
quality policies and procedures
- Strong consulting, project management and relationship
- Demonstrated ability to manage organized meetings with clear
purpose and well-defined take-aways
- Ability to solve complex problems independently when developing
- Capable of working effectively with staff and management at all
levels and across divisions?
- Adept at building strong relationships with team members, as
well as and business and technology partners to influence
stakeholders and drive issue resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills?
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job
applicant will be required to successfully complete a background
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58067
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Washington DC , Data Steward - Enterprise Risk Analytics, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!