Company: T And T Consulting Services
Posted on: September 14, 2019
- Serve as initial point of contact for troubleshooting of PC and
Mac hardware/software, peripherals and networking problems.
- Provide general user support that includes troubleshooting
individual machine problems (memory and power supply failure, disk
crash, loss of connection to the network, printing problems,
software problems, email, file folder access and permission,
- Provide user support for setting up and configure individual
new and used computers and laptops to meet NIH security
requirements such as encryption, anti-virus, and security patches
as well as for accessing to the NIH wireless and wired network and
- Assist with providing users guidance in the operation of
computers and common applications such as word processing, email,
Internet browsers, spreadsheets, imaging, as well as NIH site
licensed software, etc.
- Provide users in the operation of computers and common
applications such as word processing, email, Internet browsers,
spreadsheets, imaging, as well as NIH site licensed software,
- Provide operational support to maintain and deploy software
upgrades, anti-virus protection and security patches under the
direction of system administrators, security specialists or the IT
- Provide support for network connectivity including trouble
shooting and patching in LAN closets as well as the maintenance and
management of data and fileservers for users including creating
file folders, setting up user access and permissions, etc.
- Assist the security specialist to react and clean any security
and virus alerts from NIH Incident Response Team (IRT) and monthly
- Evaluate new versions of software and hardware.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Shall have a minimum of 2-3 year IT related experience.
- Shall be thoroughly oriented in customer service
- Shall be trained and experienced in supporting desktops and
laptops running Windows 7 and above or Mac OS X including hardware
(both computers and peripherals) and software installation, mobile
devices, infrastructure connectivity including LAN and WAN, and
configuration and trouble shooting. In addition, the technician
must familiar with Microsoft Office suite, security software,
Internet browsers, and has experience in installing, upgrading and
removing hardware and software.
- Shall have strong communication and interpersonal skills to
interact with customers.
- Shall have the working knowledge of Windows and Mac file
servers and a moderate skill of networking and security software is
- NIH experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: T And T Consulting Services, Washington DC , HELPDESK SPECIALIST, Other , Bethesda, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!