Posted on: April 18, 2019
DEPARTMENT: RADIO BROADCAST
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, AFTRA Daily Hire
This is a part-time, fill-in position. To join our active fill-in
roster, please submit an application, resume, cover letter and
sound check/demo link.
The Announcer serves as first-line on-air presence for Classical
WETA 90.9 FM, acting as an engaging and knowledgeable companion for
listeners who are passionate about classical music on
non-commercial radio. Builds value and a strong relationship with
the Classical WETA audience both on-air and in the community.
Reports to the Program Director; shifts include weekends and
fill-in shifts on weekdays.
* Serve as on-air host for weekend live and/or pre-recorded radio
* Be available to fill in for weekday shifts as required.
* Provide brief commentary and continuity in the presentation of
classical music playlist.
* Operate broadcast equipment during on-air shift.
* Participate in on-air fundraising campaigns.
* Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated and extensive knowledge of classical music.
* Agility with foreign language pronunciation.
* Warmly communicative on-air presence with excellent diction.
* Availability to work evening, weekend, and/or irregular
* Knowledge of on-air fundraising preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to
interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and
* Demonstrated ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of
multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures,
both independently and in a team.
* Demonstrated understanding and application of computer technology
to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs,
email, Internet, and database management software.
* Excellent organizational skills with strong work ethic.
* College degree in music, broadcasting or related field.
* Minimum 2 years of on-air broadcast experience.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not
discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship
status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or
carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal
Keywords: WETA, Washington DC , Announcer (P/T), Other , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!