Company: Business Operational Concepts
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Support.BOC has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more for our full time employees. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace and believe customer satisfaction comes first.JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is seeking out a Helpdesk Intern to learn and assist in supporting one of our federal clients in the Washington DC Metro area. This is a full time, on-site position working with a helpdesk that operates M-F from 7am-7pm EST. LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Providing Desktop Support services to the government user community.
- Responding to IT incidents and requests.
- Interfacing with and creating tickets for customers while working directly with them in an office environment.
- Maintaining work logs in a clear and professional manner
- Managing customer relationships from reported incident through resolution.
- How to assist in developing and implementing permanent resolutions to reoccurring problems
- Troubleshooting and resolving user incidents and requests dealing with the Microsoft operating system, Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite, iPhone, VPN, 2 Factor Authentication and all client owned COTS and GOTS products.
- Exposure to High-level Knowledge of PC Hardware, networking, and Windows 7/10.
- Exposure to High-level knowledge of Office 2010+, especially, Word, Excel and Outlook.HANDS ON OPPORTUNITIES:
- Assisting with deploying hardware and software
- Assisting with Troubleshooting and resolving user incidents and requests dealing with client owned hardware and peripherals.
- Assist in the asset management process
- Create and/or revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).DESIRED SKILLS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Technical aptitude including excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to instruct users utilizing verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting.
- Attention to detail.
- High degree of patience.IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- The ideal candidate for this paid internship will be pursuing a degree/career in IT due to a passion for technology. They will be professional and organized, with a strong ability to quickly build relationships. Most of all, they need to be dedicated to learning and view the opportunity to rapidly absorb knowledge as an appealing challenge.CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.) - provided by Dice Desktop, active directory, desktop security, troubleshooting, configuration, SOP, IT, cybersecurity, hardware, software,networking, microsoft, intern
Keywords: Business Operational Concepts, Washington DC , Helpdesk Intern, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!