Lead Defense Space Systems Engineer
Location: Mc Lean
Posted on: July 14, 2018
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us. This position is located in Reston, VA. Key Functions:
- Candidate will help establish a MITRE presence and shape engineering contributions to the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP) in a leadership position (i.e. Task Leader, Associate Project Leader, etc.).
- Candidate must have sufficient knowledge of, and experience with, the space domain and offensive/defensive space control (OSC/DSC) operations.
- Candidate must be able to formulate and successfully complete diverse and technically challenging tasks related to the sponsor's objectives.
- Candidate will lead Reston customer engagement to include task definition, and refinement of sponsor objectives.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and apply innovation to address evolving and ever-present threats.
- Support the sponsor to define and advocate for cutting-edge space protection solutions.
- Facilitate and manage space and cyberspace related advanced projects.
- Conduct and support research, application development, experimentation and prototypes that support the enhancement of space system defensibility, resiliency, and survivability.
- Demonstrate an ability to build partnerships and champion technical development in the cyber and space domains. Required qualifications: -- Expertise in space control systems and technologies (offensive and defensive) -- Space Control experiences that can be applied across space and cyber domains and enterprises -- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI SSBI level security clearance -- Desire to learn and be part of a fast-paced and complex SSDP team -- Leadership experience and domain knowledge Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related experience
- Knowledge of and experience with space and cyberspace operations
- Knowledge of and experience with space and cyberspace professionals and community
- Knowledge of space control and organizational roles and responsibilities
Keywords: MITRE, Washington DC, Lead Defense Space Systems Engineer, Other, Mc Lean, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!