Patient Access Associate 1 - bilingual
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: February 6, 2024
The Patient Access Associate 1 is responsible for financial
counseling and insurance verification, and notification to patients
and/or guardians of financial responsibility. Identifies and
communicates payer authorizations and referral requirements as
- Works independently to complete assignments without close
supervision; Improves inefficiencies and minimizes repetitive
errors by changing/improving workflow processes; Uses a logical
process to identify the cause of problems and develop appropriate
- Selects an appropriate method of communication for audiences
and adjusts communication style when needed.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability by using
appropriate communication methods/styles.
- Applies knowledge of online payer verification systems to
obtain and validate insurance information on a timely and accurate
- Coordinates with other departments to assist or transport
patients/visitors requiring special attention/support; Interviews
patients to secure and document required medical, financial,
demographic and insurance information.
- Educates and assists patients with the completion/submission of
applications for alternative sources of payment for healthcare
services including medical assistance programs, loans and
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action
to protect the environment and guests until help arrives - if
- Communicates scheduling changes to patients, staff, physicians
and patient representatives in a timely and professional
- May perform additional duties as required.
Additional RequirementsExperience - 1 year of customer service or 1
year of experience in a medical setting. Or Associates degree in
lieu of experience.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent.
Keywords: Inova Health System, Washington DC , Patient Access Associate 1 - bilingual, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!