Senior Communications Specialist
Location: Takoma Park
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description The Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Sr.
Communications Specialist for an Intelligence Community (IC)
program. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is
required to be considered for this position. The candidate will
support Government staff in the following:
- Spearhead strategic communications efforts, emphasizing a
transactional approach, with operations spanning between McLean and
- Serve as the primary point of contact for meeting facilitation,
ensuring meticulous notetaking and documentation.
- Lead the development, coordination, and editing of strategic
communication products, including but not limited to strategy and
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts to prepare
assignments, integrating diverse inputs into cohesive and easily
- Provide comprehensive support in researching, proofreading,
editing, and ensuring the quality of various communication products
for both print and electronic publication across multiple
- Guarantee documentation and editing processes adhere to
standards of accuracy, consistency, readability, and accessibility
tailored to the medium of choice.
- Draft and refine communication materials such as talking
points, speeches, quotes, leadership communications, marketing
copy, and web content.
- Specialize in speech writing, crafting impactful addresses
tailored for leadership across the enterprise.
- Take initiative in planning, executing, and reporting on tasks
with a high degree of independence.
- Apply strong editorial skills to rewrite submissions, ensuring
a harmonized sense of style, grammar, and flow across all written
- Distill complex information, presenting it in a clear, concise,
and straightforward manner.
- Uphold strict adherence to tradecraft and publication standards
for all products.
- Demonstrate proficiency with essential tools, including the MS
Office suite, collaboration platforms like MS Teams and SharePoint,
and Adobe AcrobatBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 18+ years of experience, a Master's
degree and 10+ years of experience, or no degree with 24+ years of
experienceClearance Required: Active/current TS/SCI with polygraph.
No sponsorhsip.Must be US Citizen
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in leading communication support including the
development, preparation, production, coordination, and editing of
a range of products
- Experience in mentoring and training junior staff
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and other relevant tools for
- Skilled in researching, proofreading, editing, creating,
writing, processing, revising, formatting, and coordinating the
composition of products for publication
- Ability to draft and edit a variety of communication materials
- Experience in preparing and editing speeches or scripts for
- Ability to convey complex information in a clear and simple
manner Pay Range: Pay Range $75,400.00 - $136,300.00 The Leidos pay
range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a
guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered
in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Senior Communications Specialist, Other , Takoma Park, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!