Recreation Program Assistant - Front Desk
Company: City of Takoma Park
Location: Takoma Park
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The City of Takoma Park Recreation Departmentis seeking an
enthusiastic part-time Program Assistant - Front Desk. This
position is responsible for the operation of the building's
reception area. There are multiple positions available at both the
Takoma Park Recreation Center (7315 New Hampshire Avenue) and at
the Takoma Park Community Center (7500 Maple Avenue). The typical
work hours vary and can be: Monday - Friday from 2:30 p.m. - 10:00
p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., andSundays from 12 p.m.-
5:00 p.m. This position requires the ability to work evenings and
weekends. Occasional weekday morning substitution may also be
available, as well as after hour rentals.
- Assisting with customer inquiries via phone and face-to-face
- Completing financial transactions using computer registration
- Scheduling rentals and activities in electronic door monitoring
- Monitoring patrons and ensuring the Center rules are followed
and the patron's behavior is appropriate;
- Recording attendance for activities;
- Assisting with equipment and room set-up/breakdown; including
- Completing required paperwork;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required to be successful are:
- Aprofessional appearance and attitude;
- Ability to followwritten and oral instructions;
- Strong computer and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service
- Ability to interact effectively with all age levels, abilities,
and cultural backgrounds;
- Abilityto provide mature leadership, have fun, be flexible, and
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age;
- Applicants must possess or have the ability to be certified
instandard Bloodborne Pathogens, CPR-AED/First Aid
The hourly wage is expected to be between $15.65 and $17.50 and
will be offered at a level consistent with the experience and
qualifications of the candidate.This position is not subject to
membership in the AFSCME union.
A first review of resumes is expected to begin October 3, 2022, but
the position will remain open until filled.
Please note that COVID vaccinations are now mandatory for all City
staff, and will be confirmed with other pre-employment screenings
once an offer has been extended.
The City of Takoma Park is a small jurisdiction in Montgomery
County, Maryland bordering the District of Columbia and Prince
George's County. Inhabited by a diverse and politically active
population of 17,000 residents, Takoma Park is known for its
progressive policies, historic tree-lined neighborhoods, and
independent businesses. We are proud to be a workforce of almost
200 full-time and part-time employees that are as diverse as the
community we serve. We strive to maintain excellent customer
service and responsiveness to our residents and everyone we work
with. It is with this in mind that we seek to improve by
championing quality and efficiency through a dedicated workforce
and cooperative spirit.
The City of Takoma Park is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is
representative of the residents we serve and the area in which we
live. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where
employees of diverse backgrounds can thrive and make a positive
impact in the services we provide.
Keywords: City of Takoma Park, Washington DC , Recreation Program Assistant - Front Desk, Other , Takoma Park, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!