Posted on: November 19, 2023
FedGeek seeks a highly motivated and creative self-starter to
join our dynamic and fast-paced environment as a Video Specialist.
The Video Specialist will partner with our experts and the
department on a range of video and podcast projects covering the
spectrum of FAA areas of interest. They will be working with a
creative team, using the latest in cutting-edge web development,
design, video, and audio. This is an ideal opportunity for video
and audio storytellers who are eager to bring complex issues to
life across multiple platforms and who are innovation driven.
Beyond having experience with all aspects of video and audio
production, the successful candidate will possess excellent
writing/editorial skills, communication and organization skills,
strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and adapt
in a fast-paced, innovative, and evolving environment, while
meeting tight deadlines. Additionally, the successful candidate
will be a team player while also having independent self-direction.
- Work closely with creative staff and relevant departments to
develop and produce multimedia for FAA projects to suit stated
goals and needs, communicating effectively with non-technical
stakeholders and in a virtual/remote environment.
- Support development of video and audio projects, including
concepting, research, scripting, logistics coordination, budget
development, and asset development or compilation.
- Support production of video and audio projects, including field
production (in studio, in field, or online), interviewing, and
shooting video or taking still photos as needed.
- Support post-production of video and audio projects, including
post-producing with the edit team, peer reviews, coordinating
transcriptions and captioning, ingesting and logging footage, and
basic editing as needed.
- Support overall project management of video and audio projects,
including tracking project status, reporting, and archiving.
- Other duties and projects as needed. Required Qualifications
- B.A./B.S in relevant field
- 8 years of relevant experience, including previous multimedia,
video, and audio production
- Some experience with DSLR cameras
- Some background in journalism and broadcast media
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically
Premiere Pro and Audition)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills,
including effectively presenting information to non-technical
partners, operating in a fast-paced environment, and managing
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow through
- Flexible, positive, collaborative, action-oriented attitude,
and professional approach About Us FedGeek is leading the next
generation of federal consulting. Our mission is to provide
passionate service to every customer. We built FedGeek to raise the
bar in government contracting because excellent service should be
the standard, not the exception. We value collaboration,
excellence, and ownership. We hold ourselves to a higher standard
and bring a rare energy and commitment to our projects. This is
where passion meets mission. This is FedGeek. Notice Come as you
are! FedGeek is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment
decisions are based on business needs and individual qualifications
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
FedGeek is a progressive and open-minded company that does not
tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Job Type:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance Schedule:
- Monday to Friday Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required) Education:
- Bachelor's (Required) Experience:
- multimedia, video, and audio production: 8 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required) Work Location: In person
Keywords: FedGeek, Washington DC , Video Specialist, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!