Senior Program Officer - (Global Networks)
Company: Silver Star Construction Co
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Salary Range: $65,000 starting
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Base of Designation/Remote Eligible: Headquarters, Washington, DC;
World Learning seeks a Senior Program Officer to join the
Professional Exchange and Global Networks team to support programs
including: implementation of the U.S. Speaker Program, Leaders Lead
On-Demand Program, and Professional Fellows Program.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a
proven ability to manage multiple projects, work both independently
and collaboratively, and communicate clearly and effectively with
diverse partners and stakeholders. Excellent judgment, leadership
ability, and dedication to international exchange are
- Seamlessly execute the Global Network team's professional
exchange portfolio of projects by supporting project planning and
implementation efforts, directing workflow, and monitoring progress
on deliverables to ensure all aspects of a successful program are
met and that programs are responsive to domestic and international
- Supervise Program Coordinators, Senior Program Coordinators,
and/or Program Officers, promote their professional training and
development, and conduct performance reviews as assigned;
- Provide guidance to program staff on donor rules and
regulations and ensure that projects adhere to World Learning's
policies and procedures;
- Coordinate daily communication with the State Department, U.S.
Embassies abroad, and participants to ensure program needs are met
and build relationships with funders;
- Tracks and monitors program budgets;
- Oversee development of program segments in U.S. cities in
conjunction with local partner organizations;
- Conduct project briefings with visitors, provide guidance on
understanding cultural differences, and accompany visitors to
appointments and moderate program sessions, as required;
- Authorize, monitor, and reconcile the accurate disbursement of
project funds in compliance with World Learning and DOS financial
- Draft and edit program materials, reports, and
- Assesses and writes grant proposals, including conceptual,
methodological, operational, evaluative, and financial aspects;
- Contribute to the achievement of team goals and the overall
management of the Global Exchange unit.
- Master's degree with 3+ years of experience, or bachelor's
degree and 6+ years of relevant experience;
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location where
this position is offered;
- At least three years' supervisory and/or workflow direction
- Broad knowledge of and interest in domestic and foreign policy
issues and well-developed research skills;
- Understanding of program design and ability to apply research
to the design of exchange programs;
- Strong cross-cultural and communications skills, including
strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, collaboration, sound
judgment, and an ability to work effectively with a wide range of
- Experience creating, monitoring, and managing budgets;
- Professional experience with social media tools and platforms
- Experience with proposal development preferred;
- Experience with living/studying/working abroad preferred.
- We seek candidates with excellent attention to detail, who
thrive in collaborative settings, and who are committed to
- Foreign language skills desirable.
- Fosters diverse, equitable and inclusive practices and
challenges practices which may be exclusionary.
- Effectively copes with change; able to shift comfortably;
decides and acts without having the total picture; comfortably
handles risk and uncertainty. Demonstrates the ability to function
in unstructured work environments and/or uncertain
- Demonstrates a curiosity about World Learning as a whole, with
the aim of being able to effectively represent the organization to
external audiences commensurate with the position.
- Contribute to an organizational culture of continuous learning
through rigorous program monitoring, data tracking, donor and MERL
reporting, research and reflection to ensure strong
- Contribute to organization's business development targets
through ongoing program implementation, funder relationship
building, and through other means as directed.
- A curiosity about World Learning as a whole, with the aim of
being able to effectively represent the organization to external
audiences commensurate with the position.
- Commitment to fostering diverse, equitable and inclusive
practices in program implementation and monitoring practices and
challenging practices which may be exclusionary.
Vaccination is strongly recommended for all employees in our U.S.
offices except for those receiving medical or religious exemptions.
If boosters are subsequently recommended by the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) then employees and faculty will be
recommended to receive the booster within thirty (30) days of their
World Learning provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package that includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA/HRA,
Life/AD&D, Short Term/Long Term Disability, EAP, Parking and
Transit, 403 (b) retirement plan for full-time and eligibile
The World Learning Inc. Family
For more than 90 years, World Learning Inc. is a thriving global
organization made up of The Experiment in International Living, the
nation's most experienced provider of international education
through exchanges for high school students; School for
International Training, offering accredited undergraduate study
abroad programs through SIT Study Abroad and internationally
focused master's degrees through SIT Graduate Institute; and World
Learning, a global development and exchange nonprofit
World Learning - worldlearning.org
World Learning has worked to create a more sustainable, peaceful,
and just world. World Learning's education, development, and
exchange programs help people find their voices, connect with their
communities, strengthen the institutions that form the backbone of
a democratic society, and build relationships across cultures. With
World Learning's support, these emerging leaders tackle critical
global issues like poverty, conflict, and inequality.
The Experiment in International Living - experiment.org
The Experiment in International Living is the nation's most
experienced provider of international education through exchanges
for high school students. For more than 90 years, The Experiment
has empowered young people to step off the beaten path, experience
the world as a classroom, immerse themselves fully in another
culture, and build the knowledge and skills needed to confront
critical global issues.
SIT - sit.edu
School for International Training (SIT) was founded in the early
1960s as a training center for the first Peace Corps volunteers.
For nearly 60 years, SIT has prepared students to be effective
changemakers and global citizens through experiential education
focused on the world's most critical global issues. SIT Study
Abroad offers accredited summer and semester undergraduate programs
in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the
Middle East, as well as comparative programs on multiple
continents. SIT Graduate Institute offers global and hybrid
certificates, master's, and doctoral degrees.
An organizational commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
We are a globally diverse community of staff, faculty, board
members, alumni, students, and participants who believe that
inclusive and equitable practices are at the heart of a peaceful
and just world. Each of us strives to honor diverse voices and
lived experiences, examine our own biases and privileges, actively
work to address inequities in our structures, and foster a
community of open dialogue. We are committed to acting with
accountability, transparency, reciprocity, authenticity, and
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative
action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity
of its workforce.
Keywords: Silver Star Construction Co, Washington DC , Senior Program Officer - (Global Networks), Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!