Operations Support Specialist
Company: Prometheus Federal Services LLC.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Operations Support SpecialistPrometheus Federal Services (PFS),
a trusted partner to federal health and social services agencies,
is currently seeking an Operations Support Specialist in support of
a new, complex federal contract with the U.S. Department of
Veterans Affairs (VA) / Veterans Health Administration (VHA). PFS
has a position open for a full-time Operations Support Specialist
who will be responsible for supporting candidate onboarding to the
VA, and the credentialing and privileged process for providers.
This role will support the Onboarding and Privileging Managers to
develop, implement, and refine credentialing policies, procedures,
and workflows to ensure all active VA physicians meet licensure,
education, training, and other onboarding requirements to deliver
safe, high quality patient care.Essential Duties and
ResponsibilitiesThe Operations Support Specialist will support PFS
and its network of VA partners. The candidate should have a
demonstrated track record of operations support experience. The
Specialist will be responsible for supporting onboarding and
credentialing and privileging processes.
- Support onboarding, credentialing, and privileging activities
for all selected providers.
- Document and assist in tracking and reporting of onboarding,
credentialing, re-credentialing, and privileging in accordance with
regulatory/compliance guidelines as well as Veterans Health
Administration requirements including VHA Directive 1100.20.
- Manage obtaining, tracking and verifying credentials,
certifications, state licensures, and other professional
credentials as well as maintaining on-going checks to ensure that
all credentials remain current.
- Support the accuracy and integrity of the
credential/privileging files, whether in hard copy or electronic
form. Work with the Credentialing Manager to ensure compliance with
all relevant accreditation and regulatory standards for provider
- Support and implement policies, processes, and systems to
effectively onboard, credential and privilege providers across a
complex, nationwide healthcare system.
- Conduct ongoing reviews and audits of credential files,
privileged decisions, and related documentation.
- Produce monthly and ad hoc reports to identify any missing data
or credentials, any credentials/certifications that are lapsing,
and the status of employees' onboarding activities and credential
- Collaborate with PFS partners and medical staff offices at VA
sites as required.
- Stay up to date on requirements or changes to VA onboarding and
industry credentialing standards and regulations.Minimum
- 3+ years' experience in healthcare administration, business, or
- Knowledge of onboarding leading practices and credentialing
standards and accreditation processes.
- Excellent communication, project management and problem-solving
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage high volume of
- Proficient with credentialing software, databases, and IT
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance if required.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin.
This position may be subject to client or government vaccination
and masking guidance, policy or requirements as may be changed from
time to time.
Work location is flexible if approved by the company except that
position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Keywords: Prometheus Federal Services LLC., Washington DC , Operations Support Specialist, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!