Strategic Communications Specialist
Posted on: September 21, 2023
We are seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist to join our
team supporting our government customer.
This position is based in Washington DC and will allow for some
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can provide client
solutions with minimal instructions and can run independently on
projects. The Strategic Communications Specialist will support a
high-performing team committed to driving customer satisfaction
through delivery and innovation. The ideal candidate will have
excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex
issues in clear and concise documentation. The candidate will be
required to demonstrate a strong record of client delivery and
thrive in a dynamic work environment, exhibiting the ability to be
- Collaborate with the team to fully understand the government
client/program and communication needs.
- Assist in building communications and stakeholder products that
consistently facilitate program goals.
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and plan messages to
- Candidates must understand strategic communications in the
federal government space and be able to help shape a consistent
message from the program.
- Develop communication materials to include briefings, reports,
white papers, brochures, talking points and other documents to
support program objectives.
- Compose draft speeches for senior management and assists with
- Basic understanding of video scripting and editing, graphics
design portfolio preferred.
- Evaluate success of campaigns when completed.
- Based on need, drafts and proposes communications campaigns,
which may include social and online media, print media, direct
mail, and other multimedia.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, attention
to detail and time management skills with a proven ability to meet
deadlines. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 2 to 5 years' experience supporting a government
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have DoD TS/SCI clearance
Keywords: Sourcefly, Washington DC , Strategic Communications Specialist, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!