Sr. Cybersecurity IT Specialist
Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: September 21, 2023
SummarySr. Cybersecurity IT SpecialistWashington, DCAre you
ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly
evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where
professional development is embedded in your employer's core
culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support
(MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals
who support large scale government operations by leveraging
cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next
level!Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal
agencies and commercial customers trusted insights in Records and
Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information
Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve
federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has
grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training
environment.This role will support The U. S. Department of the
Treasury as CABS provides Cybersecurity and complex IT systems
support services. These services include cyber governance, policy,
reporting, and performing enterprise risk assessments and
management, including threat and vulnerability testing, developing,
and maintaining risk management framework architecture, and the
general oversight of Treasury Cybersecurity services. The primary
goal of this venture is to provide innovative solutions and
services necessary for the U.S. Department of the Treasury to
secure and protect internal systems and associated sensitive
business data which will result in improvements in efficiency,
agility, innovation, and potential cost savings. As a valued member
of the CABS team, you will play a vital role as we enable The U.S.
Department of the Treasury to review all critical assets, systems,
information, and data effectively and continuously, thereby
achieving a better understanding of the threats facing their
network.The Senior Cybersecurity IT Specialist shall provide a
thorough understanding of complex IT systems and knowledge of the
latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols,
as well as best practices. ResponsibilitiesWork you'll doAs a
Senior Cybersecurity IT Specialistwithin our HVA - United States
Department of the Treasury team, you will:
- Support assigned systems and work with various engineering,
technology, and operations teams to define, explain, and implement
security configuration controls.
- Work with technical leads to translate information into a risk
- Provide information to support policy decisions regarding The
Treasury Department's cybersecurity framework.
- communicate specific cybersecurity concerns and provide
solutions to incorporate effective measures against possible
compromise as part of the organization's cybersecurity strategic
- Research security standards, security systems, and
- Provide technical supervision for and guidance to the ACIO/CS
- Define and assist with the implementation and maintenance of
security policies and procedures.
- Select and assist with the configuration of relevant types of
common security hardware and software to implement a security
- Lead the design and assist in the preparation of technical
reports, studies, and related documentation, making charts and
graphs to record results, and preparing and delivering
presentations, training, and briefings as required.
- Management of IT security and IT risk (e.g., data systems,
network, and/or web) across the enterprise.
- Address questions from internal and external audits and
- Facilitate IT security/risk training curriculum.
- Serve as project manager/lead within IT security projects.
- Complete annual company and customer-required training, as
- Complete the timesheet daily in the online system according to
company policies and procedures.
- Travel up to 10% as required.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters preferred
- 5+ years of senior-level technical expertise with specialized
experience in cybersecurity and interoperability for complex
hardware, software, and automated information systems is
- CISSP required
- Public Trust is required with the ability to obtain and
maintain a favorable Department of Treasury background
investigation for the life cycle of the projectKnowledge, Skills,
- Must have knowledge, skills, and abilities in one or more of
the following cybersecurity concepts, architecture principles,
security of networks, applications and data, security implications,
and adoption of evolving cyber technology.
- Experience in the subject matter at a similar size, scope, and
complexity as required by this task order.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity architecture.
- Ability to capture high-level technical information clearly and
- Possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Be highly motivated, independent thinker, and team player, with
a sense of urgency, and the ability to meet management and customer
deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to capture high-level technical information in a clear,
- Must have the ability to take and pass a drug test (the
department may require drug screening for probable cause at any
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings
and conferences as requested.
- Must have the ability to communicate with others effectively
both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based
- Maintain a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Possess strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel 10% as required.How you'll growAt Chenega
MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team
members at every level of their careers to identify and use their
strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level
employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to
learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to
hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development
programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to
continue to grow throughout their careers.BenefitsAt Chenega MIOS,
we know that great people make a great organization. We value our
team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more
about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's
cultureOur positive and supportive culture encourages our team
members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals
by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility
to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered,
confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously
look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead
healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenshipChenega MIOS is led by a
purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we
are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team
members, and our communities. We believe that business has the
power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving,
skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive
social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact
on the world.Chenega MIOS News- Tips from your Talent Acquisition
TeamWe want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to
feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we
suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site -
Glassdoor - LinkedIn - Facebook - #Chenega Analytic Business
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Washington DC , Sr. Cybersecurity IT Specialist, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!