Bilingual - Communications Specialist, NHQ Biomedical Communications
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch
millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the
human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's
largest humanitarian network?Join us-Where your Career is a Force
for Good!Job Description:WHY CHOOSE US?As one of the nation's
premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is
dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States
and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the
world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a
meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you
share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent
career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.We
are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering
our programs and services in a culturally competent manner
reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is
collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building
allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members.
Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for
making a difference.The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural
and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From
the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource
Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja
African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and
the Women's Resource Group, these networks provide connections,
mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.At
the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!WHAT YOU NEED TO
KNOW : The American Red Cross is seeking a skilled Communications
Specialist for its Biomedical Communications team at national
headquarters.The work location for this exciting opportunity is
virtual. That's right! You will be able to work from your home
office, while doing meaningful, mission-focused work. The selected
candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the
United States.The Biomedical Communications team at American Red
Cross National Headquarters develops the national communications
strategy, raising awareness for the need for blood donations both
externally and internally. Externally, the team focuses on managing
crisis communications, responding to national media inquiries,
developing website and social media content, and providing campaign
support. Internally, this team also executes broad leadership
communication plans for the organization, drafts memos, talking
points and FAQs for key initiatives, and develops intranet
content.Within this team, the new communications specialist will be
focused on supporting blood donation communications that engage and
motivate audiences within the Latino and Hispanic community. This
position will report to the director of NHQ Biomedical
Communications.*Bilingual candidates (Spanish/English) required for
this role*WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD:
- Support development of national communications strategy for the
blood donation division of the Red Cross.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functions teams
including Marketing, Fundraising, Partnerships and Operations.
- Bolster Red Cross efforts across the country to engage with
young and diverse populations by identifying, developing and
implementing new communications tactics.
- Execute communications strategy for Red Cross initiative to
engage the Latino community about the importance of donating blood
to support patients.
- Serve as Spanish-speaking spokesperson for national
- Draft external talking points, media Q&A, media statements
and social media guidance in both English and Spanish, as
- Cultivate diverse relationships with blood recipients, donors
and other key stakeholders.
- Respond to national media inquiries for blood donations.
- Support Spanish translations for communications materials as
- Develop briefing materials for spokespeople.
- Help respond to crisis communications issues to mitigate
- Work collaboratively with local communicators across the
country on diversity topics and issues of reputational risk.
- Develop internal employee communications including talking
points, FAQs, employee memos, presentations, videos, and intranet
- Lead review process for internal communications processes.WHAT
YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bilingual candidate (Spanish/English)
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public
Relations, or related field.
- 5-7 years of communications experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Confident teammate who can wear both external and internal
- Ability to write quickly and clearly to respond to emerging
- Ability to translate communications written in English for
Spanish-speaking audiences with knowledge of cultural differences
that require language adaptation.
- Experience developing and executing multicultural
communications campaigns and partnerships.
- Established relationships and experience working with
third-party Latino and Hispanic community organizations.
- Experience developing and executing shareable, digital
- Understand nuances, comfortable working in gray areas - all
with the highest personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure
environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels, including
- Proven track record of communications execution to advance
- Strong critical thinking and strategic planning skills to
ensure effective communications.
- Independent problem solverand self-starter.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to handle occasional irregular and weekend hours.
- Familiarity with and commitment to the Red Cross mission.
- Preference to reside in Red Cross blood collection
market.BENEFITS FOR YOU:We take care of you, while you take care of
others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs
great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you
in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have
amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO: Starting at 15 days a year; based on FLSA status and
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays comprised of six core holidays and
five floating holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognitionThe American Red Cross is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.Apply now! Joining our team
will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every
day.The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Interested in Volunteering?Life's
emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross
volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to
help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a
difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and
allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross
relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to
help fulfill our lifesaving mission.Visit
redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our
most-needed volunteer positions.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights,
click here: Summary of Rights
Keywords: American Red Cross, Washington DC , Bilingual - Communications Specialist, NHQ Biomedical Communications, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!